SGA Judicial Court
The Judicial Court is comprised of five Justices:
- Five (5) appointed student justices who may not currently hold an office in the student government association. One of the five justices shall be designated Chief Justice;
- One (1) faculty member who shall serve as the judicial court adviser . The faculty member shall not have voting rights on the judicial court.
- The judicial court adviser shall be appointed by the TMCC Faculty Senate;
- The justices shall be appointed by the judicial court adviser ;
- The Chief Justice shall be named by the judicial court adviser .
A Judicial Court shall be convened upon the requests of:
- The TMCC President;
- A TMCC Administrator;
- The SGA Advisor, or;
- Any elected member of the SGA.
Jurisdiction and Responsibilities:
- A judicial court may be convened for the purpose of adjudicating cases arising from the SGA Constitution and related Bylaws;
- Decisions of the judicial court shall be binding upon any Senator, Executive Officer, or the SGA in toto;
- The authority of a judicial court is superseded only by the NSHE Code of Conduct as outlined in Title 2, Chapter 6, of that document.