SGA Judicial Court
Jurisdiction and Responsibilities
- A judicial court may be convened for the purpose of adjudicating cases arising from the SGA Constitution and related Bylaws;
- Decisions of the judicial court shall be binding upon any Senator, Executive Officer, or the SGA in toto;
- The authority of a judicial court is superseded only by the applicable code of student conduct as determined by the Coordinator of Student Activities and Leadership.
- Four (4) appointed student Justices who may not currently hold an office in the student government association. One of the four Justices shall be designated Chief Justice;
- TMCC Student Conduct Officer or designee will serve as the fifth voting Justice;
- One (1) faculty member who shall serve as the Judicial Court Advisor. The faculty member shall not have voting rights on the Judicial Court.
- The Judicial Court Advisor shall be appointed by the TMCC Faculty Senate;
- The Justices shall be appointed by the Judicial Court Advisor;
- The Chief Justice shall be named by the Judicial Court Advisor.
A Judicial court may be convened upon the request of:
- The TMCC President;
- The Dean of Student Services;
- The Student Activities and Leadership Coordinator; or,
- Any elected member of the SGA Senate.