SGA Elections Committee
The elections committee may be convened for the purpose of adjudicating cases arising from the SGA Elections packet and processes. Decisions of the Elections Committee shall be binding.
Elections Committee Roles and Responsibilities
The appointed members of the Elections Committee shall be accountable for participation in the following position-related responsibilities.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings of the Elections Committee
- Attend all SGA Elections Grievance Hearings.
- Participate in Elections Week (for 2013: April 1-5, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) on all TMCC locations.
- Attend and assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all elections sponsored events.
- Additional tasks and special assignments as requested by the Elections Committee Chair.
Meetings are held on Tuesdays from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- February 26,2013
- March 5, 2013
- March 12, 2013
- March 26, 2013
- April 2, 2013
- April 9, 2013
- April 16, 2013
The Elections Committee shall be comprised of the following members:
- Two (2) appointed SGA members not entered in the election.
- Two (2) appointed TMCC students not entered in the election.
- TMCC Student Conduct Officer or designee.
- SGA Faculty Advisor who shall serve as the Elections Committee Chair. The Chair shall not have voting rights on the elections committee.
Eligibility and Conditions for Candidacy
- Must be taking a minimum of one (1) credit hour in the current academic semester.
- Must agree to be non-partisan while serving on the Elections Committee.
- Be in good standing with TMCC. Good standing is defined as not serving any disciplinary sanctions outlined in the NSHE Code, Title 2, Chapter 6.
Return to SGA Standing Committees