TMCC Leadership Academy
Enhanced leadership for new opportunities.
Given that we have many talented faculty, staff and administrators at TMCC, our challenge is to provide opportunities for professional growth, advancing the vision and mission of TMCC while building on our leadership to strengthen our learning environment.
- Develop leadership knowledge, skills and abilities
- Increase TMCC's leadership and change capacity
- Help individuals realize their interest and potential in advancing the mission of the college
Seminars consist of the following curriculum
- Leadership Academy seminar topics align with the American Association of Community Colleges' Competencies for Community College Leaders
- Information and discussion on current and future TMCC efforts
- College focus areas and core themes (budget, accreditation, curriculum development, legal issues, etc.)
- A networking lunch
- Reflections on professional growth
2012-2013 Seminar dates
- Fridays: Sept. 28, Nov. 2, Dec. 7, Feb. 1, Feb. 22, Mar. 8, Apr. 5 and Apr. 26
- Seminar is held from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Full time academic faculty, administrative faculty or classified employees
- Worked at least two years at TMCC
- Hold a master's degree or higher
- Academy will be limited to a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 participants
- Demonstrated leadership contribution to the college
Participant selection process
Timeline for application process
- Sept. 14, 2012: Applications are due
- Sept. 21, 2012: Applications reviewed and participants notified
The selection committee consists of the President and Vice Presidents.
For more information about TMCC Leadership Academy, please contact us.