TMCC Leadership Academy
Enhanced leadership for new opportunities.
Given that we have many talented faculty, staff and administrators at TMCC, our challenge is to provide opportunities for professional growth, advancing the vision and mission of TMCC while building on our leadership to strengthen our learning environment.
- Develop leadership knowledge, skills and abilities
- Increase TMCC's leadership and change capacity
- Help individuals realize their interest and potential in advancing the mission of the college
Seminars consist of the following curriculum
- Leadership Academy seminar topics align with the American Association of Community Colleges' Competencies for Community College Leaders
- Information and discussion on current and future TMCC efforts
- College focus areas and core themes (budget, accreditation, curriculum development, legal issues, etc.)
- A networking lunch
- Reflections on professional growth
- Outside research
2013-2014 Seminar dates
- Fridays: Sept. 27, Oct. 18, Nov. 22, Dec. 13, Feb. 7, Mar. 14, Apr. 11, May 2
- Seminar is held from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Full time academic faculty, administrative faculty or classified employees
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher
- Academy will be limited to 5-7 participants
- Demonstrated leadership contribution to the college
Participant selection process and timeline
Candidates are nominated by their vice president or dean. Interested candidates should contact their vice president or dean directly.
- Sept. 3, 2013: Nominations are due from vice president or dean to TMCC President.
- Sept. 4, 2013: Professional Development office sends all nominees an application.
- Sept. 13, 2013: Application forms due to Professional Development office. Deadline is 5 p.m.
- Sept. 20, 2013: Applications reviewed by committee and participants notified.
The selection committee consists of the President and Vice Presidents.
For more information about TMCC Leadership Academy, please contact us.