Posting Materials at TMCC
Permission may be granted to post materials at a TMCC facility on a space-available basis to students, the public, educational institutions or public service agencies to announce activities and events. Also, if you are interested in scheduling an event at the college, including setting up a table to distribute information, please go to the scheduling website for information.
Before creating materials to be posted, or seeking permission to distribute information, please review Appendix K in the TMCC College Catalog.
The content of non-college postings or distribution of information does not reflect the opinion or endorsement of TMCC.
Getting Approval to Post Materials on Public Boards
All material must be approved for posting at one of these locations or electronically:
- Non-TMCC related postings (personal, outside agencies, etc): Approval may be obtained from the information desk at the Dandini Campus, RDMT 315, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m. 775-673-7000, the information desk at the High Tech Center at Redfield, or room 200 at the Meadowood Center.
- TMCC-related postings (TMCC-sponsored events, activities, etc.): Approval obtained at the Public Information Office, Dandini Campus, RDMT 201.
Posting on public boards must:
- clearly designate a CONTACT NAME and PHONE NUMBER.
- be posted on designated public posting boards that are not designated for department use ("Math" or "Chemistry, for example).
- not be posted on doors, walls, windows, painted surfaces or within classrooms. Any material posted in unauthorized locations is subject to removal.
- be removed by stamped date. Material that is not stamped or remains posted past the stamped date may be removed by college staff.
In addition to the above, posted material:
- may not discriminate based on age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religious affiliation, physical handicap, etc.
- may not contain nudity or profanity. Partial nudity is not allowed.
- may not promote violence toward a student, faculty or staff member.
- may not suggest that TMCC endorses the group, meeting, etc.
- may not be from an external political entity.
Multiple copies of the same material may not be posted on the same board. Material size may be subject to limitation.
Posting in languages other than English
TMCC permits the posting of materials in languages other than English, provided that:
- a written or oral translation of the posted material is provided at the time of submission; AND
- a form verifying the translation is completed at the time of submission by the translator.
In addition to the above, all postings by a TMCC entity (clubs, departments, etc.) must contain the following: