TMCC to Hold Auditions for The Who's Tommy
The TMCC Musical Theatre Company will hold auditions for the upcoming performance of The Who’s Tommy on Dec. 4, 7 p.m. at the TMCC Nell J. Redfield Performing Arts Center, 505 Keystone Ave.
Auditions are open to students and community members. All roles are open. Performance dates for this production are March 29-April 14, 2013 and rehearsals will begin on Jan. 28, 2013.
Please Prepare: 32 bars (one minute) of a pop rock/rock opera musical theatre selection that shows range, style and acting ability. Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key (charts are not acceptable). An accompanist will be provided. Be prepared to dance.
- Tommy (18-25) - A young boy who descends into a catatonic state. (Tenor)
- Captain Walker (25-35) - Tommy's handsome father, a Royal Air Force Captain. Proficient in stage combat. (Tenor)
- Mrs. Walker (25-35) - Tommy's mother (Mezzo)
- Young Tommy (Tommy at Age 4) - Seeking short, young males ages 8 - 10 who can play younger
- Second Tommy (Tommy at Age 10) - Seeking young males ages 11 - 14 who can play younger with an unchanged voice.
- Cousin Kevin (18-25) - Tommy's cousin who's a bully. He becomes head of Tommy's security force after he's cured. (Baritone)
- Uncle Ernie (40-55) - Tommy's drunk, perverted uncle. He runs Tommy's Holiday Camp. (Tenor)
- The Lover (20-30) - Mrs. Walker's boyfriend, killed by Captain Walker when he returns home from the war. Handsome, muscular and proficient in stage combat.
- The Hawker (20-50) - Leader of a New Age Cult. An unsavory street man.
- The Gypsy (25-35) - the “Acid Queen”, a drug dealer and prostitute. (Alto)
- The Specialist (30-50) - A doctor who has new theories on how to cure Tommy.
- The Specialist’s Assistant (20-30) - an assistant to the specialist.
- Sally Simpson (16-20) - A typical teenage girl obsessed with Tommy. (Soprano)
- Local Lads and Lasses (16-25) - Cousin Kevin's friends.
Also: Ground Crew, Flight Crew, R.A.F. Officers, Young English Women, Aide, Airborne Troops, German Foot Soldiers, Allied Prisoners, German Guard, Policemen, Inspector, Military Officers, Constables, Barristers, Doctors, Nurses, Lab Technicians, Minister and Minister’s Wife, Church Choir, Relatives, Barkeep, Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist's Assistant, Thugs, Harlots, Drunks, Reporters and Interviewer.
For more information please call 775-789-5671.
Return to previous page