Art galleries present new installation; reception Sept. 19
An opening reception for TMCC's newest art installation will be held on Wednesday, September 19, 3-5p.m. in the Red Mountain Gallery, 3rd Floor, Red Mountain Building, Dandini Campus. Refreshments will be served. For information call 775-674-7698 or visit our website. Receptions are free and open to the public. Art featured in the installation will include:
- The TMCC Main Art Gallery will feature the 41st Annual TMCC Art Faculty Show.
- The Red Mountain Gallery will feature encaustic paintings by Suellen Johnson. “Pivotal Bits” begins as
an effort to visually describe significant moments in Suellen’s life and the lives of those close to her. The
paintings represent a slice between memories where the process involves heating, layering, cutting,
fusing and scribing.
- The Red Mountain Student Gallery will feature “Dalago” – drawings by Janine Gabuan. Janine currently
attends Truckee Meadows Community College and is in the Graphics Communication Program.
- The Erik Lauritzen Gallery will feature panoramic landscape photographs by TMCC student Ricky
- The Meadowood Center will feature photographs and prints by Anthony Renda, Andi Anderson, and Sue
- The Veterans’ Upward Bound Gallery will feature “Veteran’s Art Project: Selected Works”
Locations: TMCC Main Art Gallery, The Red Mountain Galleries, and Erik Lauritzen Gallery are located at
7000 Dandini Boulevard, Red Mountain Building, Reno, NV. The Meadowood Center Galleries and The
Veterans’ Upward Bound Gallery are located at 5270 Neil Road, Reno, NV.
For more information, please contact Candace Nicol, galleries curator, at the Dandini Campus, RDMT
334U or 775-674-7698, or go to artgalleries.tmcc.edu.
Return to previous page