Web Resources by Subject: Health, Medical and Nursing
Sites of Special Interest
- Nursing Assistant Disease and Conditions
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
THe AHRQ is the lead Federal agency charged with improving the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans.
- American Dental Hygienists' Association
Oral health information from the dental hygienists organization. Information for the consumer in both English and Spanish.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
A site developed by the National Institutes of Health for research reports and reliable information about alternative methods of treatment. The primary audience is the consumer, but it is also an excellent resource for health care professionals.
- POPLINE®(POPulation information onLINE)
POPLINE® the world's largest database on reproductive health, containing citations with abstracts to scientific articles, reports, books, and unpublished reports in the field of population, family planning, and related health issues.
- The Surgeon General
The Surgeon General serves as America's chief health educator by providing Americans the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury.
General Medical Sites
Has links on various health topics, and six medical dictionaries.
Contains millions of citations to journal articles.
- Videos of Surgical Procedures at MedlinePlus
Hundreds of surgery videos organized by type of procedure.
This site presents hour-long videos of actual surgeries being performed. There are hundreds of videos, and new ones are presented live every week.
Nursing Sites: Professional Organizations
- National Student Nurses' Association
- National League for Nursing
Includes job openings!
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Includes many useful medical science links and even airline, hotel and amusement park websites, for nurses on the move!
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Nevada State Legislature
- Centers for Disease Control
This site has statistics, traveler's health information, and more!
- American Diabetes Association
Includes detailed information on the condition, plus current news about treatments, etc.
Thanks to Dorothy Riley, RN, Director of Nursing (1999), and Rosemary Rinaldi, RN at TMCC for the nursing sites.
Return to Library Web Resources by Subject