Web Resources by Subject: Geography
See Also: Environmental Science Resources
Special Class Resources
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Climatic Data Center
Check national or local storm events by satellite or radar.
- Western Regional Climate Center
Based at the Desert Research Institute in Reno, NV, this site is a gateway to weather information covering states from Hawaii and Alaska east to Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico.
- American Association of State Climatologists
- National Weather Service
- Reno/Western Nevada weather
- National Weather Service, Reno
- Intellicast Weather Page
- This Dynamic Earth
A great USGS book with graphics.
- Nevada Water Facts
- Nevada Water Words Dictionary
A Compilation of Technical Water, Water Quality, Environmental, and Water-Related Terms
- Nevada State Water Plan
Contains information on water-related issues in Nevada
- The Truckee River Watershed Map
This map "is designed so you can find your place in our watershed.
- 2006 World Population Data Sheet — This report has detailed population statistics for many of the world's nations.
- CIA World Factbook
This excellent resource has color maps and lots of data on every country in the world.
- Country Studies
The Country Studies Series presents a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
- Maps of the world
find blank maps for geography or history classes.
- Population Index on the Web
Search this huge index for citations to articles in population literature.
- The Population Reference Bureau — "informs people around the world about population, health, and the environment" through an excellent searchable database of statistics.
- State Department Background Notes
Use these documents to learn details about many countries of the world.
- The U.S. Census directory of Population and Household Economic Topics on the Census website.
- U.S. and World Population Clocks — POPClocks
Return to Library Web Resources by Subject