Troubleshooting Phone Problems
Phone Doesn't Ring
- Check the ringer volume (located on the left side of digital phones)
- Check the "Do not disturb feature"; press # 6 to clear.
- Make sure "Call Forwarding" isn't activated. Press # 3 to clear.
phone Display Disappeared
- Rotate the LCD Display knob located at the top right-hand side of your telephone, just below the LCD Display.
No Dial Tone
- Check to see if buttons beep as they are pressed, if so report this problem to the Help Desk.
- Verify phone cord is plugged in on both ends.
Can't Dial Off Campus
- Dial 9 Before Dialing the Telephone Number.
Can't Dial Long Distance — Keep Getting Fast Busy
- If you are staff or faculty, it is possible your department requested cancellation of your authorization code. Email the Central Services department to verify your code.
Return to ITO Telephone Services