Computer Room Access | Procedure
- Introduction: The computer rooms on the TMCC Dandini Campus and at the education centers are controlled rooms that have limited access. The computer room access procedures are documented to provide guidance to staff when dealing with unauthorized individuals.
- Procedures: To maintain proper computer room security, the following procedures are in place:
- Restricted physical access: Only authorized personnel are allowed to gain entry into the area. Authorized personnel are identified as those persons needed to operate, supervise, or provide maintenance to the area and its equipment.
- Restricted online access: Access to the computer systems from outside the computer room(s) will be controlled by the proper use of user identification codes, password, and personal lock access codes which are to be changed no less than once a year. To further limit access, codes that are no longer authorized will be deleted as soon as possible.
- The computer room(s) is to be locked at all times.
- Access to the computer room(s) is restricted to TMCC Information Technology personnel, approved vendor/maintenance personnel, or operations management personnel due to report for duty at a specified time. Tours by visitors, employees, vendors, or customers must be authorized and approved by the Executive Director of Information Technology (or the Executive Director's designee).
- The list of personnel authorized to gain entry into the computer room will be reviewed a minimum of every six (6) months by the Executive Director of Information Technology (or the Executive Director's designee).
- Originating Policy or Source: TMCC Computer Room Access Policy
- Responsible Office: Information Technology
- Updated: January 2008