Faculty/Staff Reminder: Register with the Password Reset System
IT Operations strives to supervise, manage and maintain all of TMCC's enterprise computer network in support of faculty, staff, and students.
Network Services and Support Provided
- Management of network file servers supporting customer data storage, printing, applications, and web services.
- Network Passwords
- TMCC's network operating systems are powered by NetWare, Windows, and Linux servers.
- The primary desktop operating system is currently Windows XP Professional.
- Provide Network Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
- Manage and coordinate TMCC's telecommunications cable plant installations and upgrades
- Process adds, moves, and changes of data and phone lines
- Provide network connectivity for TMCC workstations
- Note: We do not allow network connection cables longer than 10 feet to be used on the network. Cables of this length cause network attenuation and connectivity problems. Eliminating them from the network keeps network traffic moving quickly and efficiently and eliminates unwanted "noise" on the network.
- Monitor and measure network performance of over 1900 network devices and conduct trend analysis to assure proper network efficiency
- Provide technical support for end users