TMCC Hardware/Software Purchase Procedures
Please note: The following is the suggested ordering process for TMCC administrative departments/offices and staff for computer hardware:
- Contact the Help Desk and describe (via email or use the Contact Us page):
- The type of hardware or software you desire (i.e., desktop, notebook or with software., the specific program desired).
- How the hardware or software will be used (i.e., basic Web browsing and office applications or specify the more sophisticated usage such as graphics design, etc.)
- How much budget you have available to spend
- The IT Operations staff may contact you for any clarification needed but will research the best available hardware or software that meets you needs.
- Once the recommendation has been developed by IT Operations, they will send you a copy of a quote. If you are satisfied with the recommendation:
- Prepare a DPO (for purchases under $2,000) or a requisition (for those purchases $2,000 or higher) with the account number(s) to be charged.
- Enter the vendor/payee information as shown on the quote.
- Include the quantities desired, the total amount from the quote, and under description write, "See Attached Quote."
- Sign the DPO/requisition. Be sure to keep the goldenrod copy of the DPO (or a copy of the requisition) for your records.
- Forward the DPO/requisition along with the quote from the vendor to IT Operations, Attention: Help Desk. IT Operations will then contact the vendor directly on the customer's behalf to place the order.
- Once the order is placed IT Operations will forward the original completed DPO/requisition and fax confirmation (for DPO's only) to the Controller's office.
- Once the ordered computer arrives, IT Operations will create a work ticket to configure them with TMCC software applications and inform the customer of the expected date of delivery.
Return to ITO Hardware