ITO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do employees request a network account/access to the network or Internet?
To request a network account for any TMCC employee, the supervisor of the employee fills out the Network Access account application.
How do faculty and staff remotely connect (VPN) into TMCC?
Please read the TMCC VPN instructions.
How do I access Barracuda's SPAM Firewall to manage my SPAM settings
To manage your SPAM settings via Barracuda's firewall, please follow the brief steps outlined in the How-to tutorial: Barracuda SPAM Firewall - How to Log in to Manage
How do I access my files from a remote location/the Internet?
Visit the Network/Remote Login Web page for detailed information on accessing files from a remote location/the Internet.
How do I access the mainframe?
How do I access/save my files on the TMCC network?
Visit the Network/Remote Login Web page for detailed information on accessing/saving files on the network.
How do I check my TMCC email from home?
Click on the Faculty and Staff button (located at the bottom left-hand corner of the TMCC home page). Then, click on the "Check E-mail" button at the top of the next page. Enter your email user name and password and you will have access to your TMCC accounts.
How do I download software for use on my TMCC computer?
Download the How to Download Software to your TMCC Office Computer instructions.
How do I download Symantec Anti-Virus software for home use?
Download the How to Download Software for Home Use instructions.
How do I increase the font size for Windows icons?
By default, the font for the text in all of your Windows icons is 8-point MS Sans Serif. If you find this font to be a little too small or hard to read on your computer, increasing it is simple. Right-click on the desktop and choose Properties. Click the Appearance tab and choose Icon from the Item drop-down menu. Under Font at the bottom of the box, try bumping the size up from 8 to 10. Click Apply to preview it, and see if the change helps.
How do I log in to the Network?
See Network/Remote Login.
How do I remove temporary and older files in Windows?
Your Windows operating system is a packrat. As you work, it collects a prodigious number of temporary files, and it does so for good reason: The \WINDOWS\TEMP, \WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES and Recycle Bin files all exist to give you fast access to items you might need again. But there's a point of diminishing returns. And you can end up with hundreds of megabytes of these files, wasting space and decreasing performance as the operating system tries to wade through the rubbish. To keep the trash to a manageable minimum, periodically run Disk Cleanup from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.
I called the Help Desk over a week ago and no one has replied yet.
Each job is assigned a priority as it is called in. This priority is based on several factors, including the severity of the problem, number of people affected, and current work load. Given the amount of jobs we have and the amount of staff available to respond, the goal is a 7 working day turnaround for the 3E type calls.
2.0 FTE currently supports 500+ workstations covering all five TMCC college locations. The average work request takes approximately 1 hour for a technician to complete, which means that 60 work requests can normally be handled per week. However, each week we typically have anywhere from 75 to 125 jobs pending (with the assumption that the job can be done in one hour). For example, there have been occasions when the staff has already dedicated 20 hours of research into a problem and it still isn't resolved. Please be patient as we work to solve all the pending jobs.
What are some useful tips for use with my computer?
Visit the Tips Web page for information on how to help you operate your system with peak performance:
What are the rules for using email?
- Include a clear and specific subject line.
- Edit any quoted text down to the minimum amount needed to make the message clear.
- Read your own message a few times before sending it to preclude inaccuracies or embarrassing replies.
- Think about how the recipient of the message might react to your message.
- Check your spelling and grammar use.
- Do not curse, flame, spam or USE ALL CAPS in your message. All are considered bad email etiquette.
- Do not forward any chain letters
- Do not use email for any illegal or unethical purpose.
- Realize that email is a public, not private medium. All e-mail generated on and received by TMCC computer systems can be subject to review by TMCC.
What do I do if I can't login to Windows or Citrix?
- Check for any typos in your login name or password.
- Make sure that Caps Lock is not on (passwords are case sensitive)
- Check to see if you can use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
What is the best way to contact the Faculty/Staff Help Desk?
There are multiple ways to contact the Faculty/Staff Help Desk:
- Phone: 775-673-7800 for faculty and staff.
- Press 1 to speak to a Help Desk representative (during operating hours)
- Press 2 to leave voicemail immediately
- Press 9 for Emergency Hotline (see Emergency Hotline info below)
- Walk-in: Red Mountain 205.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: Go to Help Desk and then click on the "Contact Us" link you prefer to use (email or web contact) for faculty and staff support from the Help Desk.
- Alternatively, customers can go to Faculty and Staff and click on the "Service Request" icon.
- Next click on the "ITO Help Desk" icon.
- When the Service Request system page loads, click on "New Request". This will log a service request directly into ITO's service request tracking system.
What is the Faculty/Staff Help Desk?
The TMCC Computer Help Desk provides computer workstation technical support for administrative staff at Truckee Meadows Community College. In addition, we take work order requests for Academic Computing, network, and telephone problems as well as for Media Services (multimedia and Elmo, LCD or slide projector technical problems, and Information Technology Services software application or database problems). Once the Help Desk receives the call, a work request is created and dispatched to the appropriate personnel.
What should I do if my computer isn't working?
Call or send an email to the Help Desk. Try to have as much information about the problem as possible before calling, such as:
- How long has the problem been occurring?
- Did you make any changes just prior to the problem?
- Did you install any software just prior to the problem?
- Write down any error messages exactly as they appear
In many cases, we can help you fix the problem over the phone if we have enough information.
When can I use the computer labs?
Visit the computer labs hours Web page.
Why does it take so long to get new software installed?
All administrative computers are delivered with a package of supported software that includes everything needed to use the computer workstation effectively. Therefore, requests for additional software receive a lower priority when entered in the WorkFlow job queue. In addition, since TMCC does not have a blanket software license for all software, we will not install any software unless the customer has a valid license for it. Also, there are compatibility issues-we will not install software that is incompatible with the standard administrative software image for TMCC.
How do I access Citrix applications from a Macintosh computer off campus?
- Open Safari, and go to the TMCC website;
- Type www.Citrix.com in the address bar to take you to the Citrix website;
- Select 'Downloads' at the top of the page;
- Select 'XenApp Clients and Plug-ins' (located under Featured Downloads);
- Select ' On-Line Plug-in for Mac – Version 11.1' (located under 'Results for: --XenApp Clients and Plug-ins);
- Select 'Download' (located under 'General Documentation, Clients, XenApp Plugin for Mac – Version 11.1');
- Select 'Download' next to Citrix online Web plug-in – Version 11.1;
- Select 'Click to download your file now' located about halfway down the Download Manager window;
- The 'Download Manager' window appears;
- Select on the Java coffee cup that appears;
- Select 'Allow' in the 'An applet from dlm.tools.adamai.com is requesting access to your computer.' Window;
- Select Save to the Desktop;
- In the Download Manager window, you will see the application downloading to your desktop;
- Select 'Launch' after the download completes;
- You will see the Citrix online Web plug-in start to install;
- The Citrix online plug-in window comes up;
- Select 'Install Citrix online plug-in.pkg' to finish installing;
- The 'Install Citrix online plug-in window' appears;
- Select 'Continue; Continue; Agree, Choose the Hard Drive to install to, Continue, Install, Authenticate if necessary;
- Select 'Close' after Install is successful;
- Select on Safari, and go to the TMCC website;
- Select 'Faculty and Staff', then 'Applications,' then 'Citrix Applications';
- After 'Log in to Windows' appears, you are able to add a Bookmark to the Bookmarks Bar, then;
- Log On to Windows using your current Username, and Password (this is the same information you enter to log on to our Network, and/or TMCC's GroupWise e-mail).
How do I get a Citrix account established?
New Accounts: For customers who need to access the Citrix system, please complete a NASA form (available via Network Access). Then, contact the Help Desk to determine if the printer is compatible to be used with the Citrix system.
How do I log into the Citrix system?
To log into Citrix :
- from the TMCC Faculty/Staff page, select the application menu (i.e., the paper and gear icon). This will bring you to the ITS Software/Applications page.
- Next, select the Citrix icon (i.e., the monitor and gear icon).
- Select "Accept the TMCC Network Telecommunications Use Statement".
- Next, input your user name and password. NOTE: you must enter the same password that you use to log into the TMCC network.
When I send a print job to my printer from the Citrix program, it either doesn't print or all that prints is gibberish.
Citrix users must have a "Terminal Server" compatible printer as their default printer. Typically, this is a laser printer. Desk-jet/ink-jet printers are not configured for successful printing over a network and are not supported on the TMCC Citrix system. Redirection of your print job to a nearby Xerox printer works fine. Contact the Help Desk to determine if your laser-printer is supported by Citrix.
Where can I find answers to questions or concerns I have about TMCC's use of Google Apps for Education?
Please read the Google Apps concerns.
My voicemail password is not working. How do I reset my voicemail password with Verizon on my Moto Q9?
Dial 611 and you will be prompted on what to do to reset your voicemail password.
What is the procedure for setting up Mobile Devices such as: PDAs/Smartphones/Blackberries?
Make certain that your PDA, Smartphone, Blackberry, or other Mobile device is fully charged before setup.
- Contact the Help Desk
- Help Desk will coordinate a time to move your GroupWise mailbox.
- After your mailbox is moved, an appointment will be scheduled to assist you with activation, software installation, and/or Synchronization settings.
What is Verizon Technical Support's phone number?
Which type of mobile device is best for my needs?
Information regarding the various mobile devices, accessories, and plans is available through AT&T Wireless, Sprint or Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless Discounts
TMCC's Verizon Support representative is Chanin Mierau. TMCC Faculty and Staff must contact Chanin Mierau to be eligible for the following discounts through Nevada System of Higher Education:
- 18% discount off of the monthly access fee on qualifying voice plans with a monthly access fee of $34.99 or higher;
- 25.0% off all accessories.
- Some mobile devices are free with signup.
- These discounts apply for Business and/or Personal purchases.
Contact Information (Chanin Mierau)
You may contact Chanin Mierau for information regarding the type of PDA, Smartphone, or Mobile Device that is best for you.
AT&T Wireless Discounts
15% Service Discount on AT&T through "State of Nevada." Provide institution identification at a store to add this discount.
Why are my appointments, and/or contacts, duplicating?
Selecting Merge in the Synchronization settings may cause duplicates. The data on the server combines with the data on your device. It is best to select Refresh. The data on the server replaces the data on the device.
Why is my battery running low?
Make certain that your wireless connection is disabled when not in use. If the wireless connection is enabled when not in use, your battery will run down quickly. You may also purchase a longer lived battery.
Why is my PDA/Smartphone/Palm/or other Mobile device continuously trying to connect with the Wireless?
Your wireless connection is enabled. Disabling your wireless connection when not in use will prevent your PDA from continuously trying to connect with Wireless. Disabling the wireless connection will also prevent your battery from running down so quickly.
How do I check on an existing TMCC Service Request?
To check on an existing service request, choose a department, then press the "Home" button and scroll down the page a little; your work request and the status of each one you've submitted will be displayed here. To view the details of a service request, click on the text located in the title area.
How do I sort my TMCC Service Requests?
After choosing a department, select the drop down list arrow next to the "My Request" box found above your displayed request. You can sort your request by: My Request, My Active Request, My Completed Request, Departmental Request, My Request in all Workspaces, and Global Instances.
How do I submit a TMCC Service Request?
To submit a new service request, choose a department and click the "New Request" button. Fill in or confirm the information the required fields. Press the save button to submit your request.
What are Global Incidents on TMCC Service Requests?
Global Incidents are incidents that are currently affecting other users. If you are experiencing the same incident, you can subscribe to the Global Incident and be notified when the incident is updated and resolved. To view the details of a Global Incident, click the title. To subscribe to a Global Incident, select "Subscribe".
What can I do with the Knowledge Base on TMCC Service Requests?
Customers can use the Knowledge Base to view, search, and report on solutions in the Knowledge Base. The Knowledge Base provides solutions to common problems, answers to frequently asked questions, patches, documents, and more. By searching the Knowledge Base before submitting a Service Request, the customer has the opportunity to find the information he or she needs quickly and without waiting for a response from the support team.
The following sections detail how customers can find Solutions in the knowledge base.
- Customer FAQ—Pre-defined categories of Solutions created by the administrator.
- Basic Search—Search by keyword.
- Customer Advanced Search—Complex search on all fields and criteria.
- Most Popular Solutions—Solutions ranked by popularity feedback from other users; often available on the homepage.
- Quick Search—Available from any screen in the service request system in the top frame. Search by keyword or number.
- View All Solutions—Shows complete list of Solutions.
Note: the Knowledge Base button will only be available in workspaces that have a Knowledge Base activated and populated with information.
What reports can I run on TMCC Service Requests?
You may chose from three pre-defined reports: My Active Request, My Organization and All Solutions. Reports can be viewed in three different styles or exported to a .txt file.
How do employees begin new phone service or move/change an existing phone service?
In your request, please provide the following details:
- Phone jack number (on the faceplate)
- When needed
- Name of customer of use phone
- If access to long distance required
- Voicemail desired
- Account to bill (if new phone required)
If clarifications are needed, our telephone technician will contact you directly. There will normally be a standard 5 working day turn around on most orders. If you are expecting a large move or change please notify us in advance as soon as possible.
How do I establish a network and email account?
How do I establish a telephone calling card account?
You can't. The best process is to buy a calling card with pre-billed minutes from a local store.
How do I establish data connectivity or get data wiring installed?
How do I obtain an IP Address for network and Internet access?
Contact the Help Desk and provide the following information:
- Customer name
- Room location
- Date jack number
How do I purchase a phone, headset, or headset volume control?
How do I register with the password reset system?
Please follow the instructions in the Faculty/Staff Password Reset Instructions document.
How do I request phone repair?
How do I reset my TMCC administrative access password?
Please follow the instructions in the Faculty/Staff Password Reset Instructions document.
How do I update my phone display information?
Contact the Help Desk with updated information.
How do TMCC Faculty and Staff download Antivirus software for use on home computers?
Download and follow the instructions to receive Antivirus software.
Please note: software is available for full/part-time faculty or staff only (not students or student employees)
What can I do on the self-service password management system?
- If you forget your password, you will be able to reset it yourself without calling the Help Desk.
- If you get locked out of your account, you will be able to reset it yourself, without calling the Help Desk.
- If you want to change your password reset registration information, you will be able to change it yourself, without calling the Help Desk.
Where can I go if I have a question about the features or use of telephones or voicemail?
Contact Help Desk with specific question.
Who do I contact for long distance billing questions?
Contact Kathy Hutchinson, Program Officer for Central Services.
Kathy will assist with account numbers, PINs, encumbrances, etc.
Location: RDMT 231B
How do I browse my computer via the address bar?
You may not have noticed that you can put an Address Bar on your Taskbar by right-clicking on the Taskbar and selecting Toolbars, Address. With an Address Bar on your Taskbar, you can open any Web page at any time merely by typing the URL and hitting Enter. Windows will automatically launch your browser and open the page. You can also browse files on your computer using the Address Bar.
For example, type:
and you'll see a list of all the files and folders on your C: drive. If you like, you can scroll through these files using the scroll bar on the right edge of the Address Bar, and open the file and folder of your choice by clicking on it.
How do I drag items to the Windows taskbar?
If you're navigating through folders and you realize that you want to move a file, you can always drag and drop it to an open folder. However, if your desktop is particularly cluttered with open windows, there's a little trick to dragging a file to a desired window. Drag it to the Taskbar window and hold the file in place. After a second, the corresponding window on your desktop moves to the top of the pile, and you can just drop the file in place.
How do I enable Quick View for specific file types?
With many types of files, you're given an option called Quick View when you right-click the item. Quick View allows you to get a quick look at something without having to open the potentially cumbersome application associated with it. If you wish to be given the Quick View option for a specific kind of file, you need to designate it as such in the File Types box. In any folder, go to View, Folder Options and click the File Types tab. Select the kind of file you want to use Quick View for, and click Edit. Check the Enable Quick View For box, and then click OK twice.
How do I move through folders quickly in Windows?
Ever open the Windows folder? The number of files in there is absolutely staggering, and can be hard to sort through. If you have an idea what you're looking for in any folder, you can jump to a file just by typing in the name. Type "P" to jump directly to the P's, without having to use the scroll bar. And if you type a sequence of letters, Windows will move to the file that matches, if any.
How do I put a Web page on my Windows taskbar?
If you have a Web page that you access constantly, such as a ticker with stock information, you can put a link to that page directly on your Taskbar so that it's visible whenever you connect to the Internet. Right-click your Taskbar and select Toolbars, New Toolbar. Type the complete Internet address into the box that appears, and click OK. A tiny version of the Web page appears on your Taskbar.
How do I search for files by date in Windows?
If you really need to find a file on your computer, but can't for the life of you remember what you named it, you can always try searching for it by date. As long as you have a rough idea of when you were working on the file, you probably won't have any trouble. To search for files by date, press Windows Key-F to open the Find box. Then click the Date tab. Click the Find All Files button and select Modified, if you want to search for the file based on when you last remember modifying it. Click Between and fill in the date range you want to look for, and then click Find Now.
How do I sort programs by name in Windows?
How do you get the items in your Start menu's Programs Folder to appear in alphabetical order? Every time you add a new program, after all, it's added way down at the bottom of the list. It's a good trick to know, and one you can also use to alphabetize your Favorites menu. Just click Start, Programs and then, with your cursor in the Programs area, right-click and select Sort By Name. All your programs and program folders will be arranged alphabetically.
What is the keyboard shortcut for minimizing Windows icons?
Want to minimize an open window without reaching for the mouse? A keyboard shortcut should do the trick. Just press Alt-Spacebar, then N, in just about any program, and the currently selected open window closes.
How do I change my location and availability in the voicemail system?
Dial into your voicemail box. At the Main Menu prompt, press [ 5 ] to enter Change Availability and Location sub-menu. Within this sub-menu, pressing [ 1 ] announces your current availability and location, [ 2 ] through [ 9 ] changes your location, and [ # ] toggles your availability between Available and Unavailable.
How do I change my voicemail password?
Enter the voicemail system, enter your current password. You are now at the main menu.
- Press [ 9 ] for Mailbox Options.
- Press [ 9 ] for Change Password. Follow the prompts from the system.
How do I change the greeting that callers hear?
The greeting that callers hear is controlled by your location as set in the voice mail system. Please see the FAQ: "How do I change my location and availability?" for instructions on how to check and change your location and availability.
How do I check my location and availability in the voicemail system?
Dial into your voicemail box. At the Main Menu prompt, press [ 8 ] to check your current availability and location.
How do I get into voicemail?
At the dial tone, press * 5 from your telephone (or your mail button on a 12 button telephone). If you are calling from another telephone on campus, dial 5-8200. This will put you directly into the Call Courier Voice Messaging System. Press #, enter your mailbox number, and follow the prompts. From off campus dial 775-673-8200.
How do I know if I have voicemail messages?
If you are using a 12 or 30 button telephone, the voice mail button will light up.
How do I leave voicemail?
- Press * to "backup" to the previous menu.
- Continue to press * until you hear "Goodbye".
How do I make a voicemail distribution list?
To create the a distribution list:
- Go to Setup Options (9) from the Main Menu, then Distribution List Options (5). Select
- Create a List (1). Enter a 1 to 4 digit number to identify your list then press #. Record a voice tag to identify the list. Press #
- When you have finished recording. Now you may add mailboxes to your list. Enter the mailbox number to add and press #.
- You may add other distribution lists to this list if you wish. When you are done adding to the list, press #.
- To use the list, select Send Messages (2) from the Main Menu. When prompted for a destination, enter the number you assigned to the list followed by #. You will hear you voice tag to confirm you selected the correct list. Complete the message as you normally would.
How do I program my telephone voicemail with an extended absence greeting?
An extended absence greeting is enabled through the greeting override feature. The first step is to record your extended absence greeting. You have the option of recording up to 9 different greetings. The default greeting you recorded when you set up your mailbox is greeting number 1. You will record a new greeting and identify it with a number.
To record your extended absence greeting:
- Select Setup Options (9) from the Main Menu, then Mailbox Setup (1), Scheduled Greetings (3), and Record Greetings (2).
- Enter the number of the greeting you wish to record. This should can be any number 2 through 9. Be sure to remember which number you used. Follow the prompts to record your greeting.
- To activate your extended absence greeting, go to message override. This is option (3) on the Scheduled Greeting menu or (7) from the Main Menu. You have 3 override options: override for the rest of the day, override indefinitely, or schedule an override. The first two should be fairly straight forward. To schedule a greeting, you will be prompted for the starting and ending times and dates for your greeting override. Once you have specified the override option, you will be prompted for the greeting number to use. Specify the greeting number assigned in the previous paragraph.
- Deactivating your greeting override is either automatic or manual. If you used the "Override until the End of the Day" or "Scheduled Override" options, your normally scheduled greeting will play for callers at the end of the override interval. If you selected "Override Indefinitely" or you return prior to the end of your scheduled override period, you can deactivate the override by choosing (7, 2) from the main menu.
How do I record greetings for my voicemail?
Enter the voice mail system, enter your password. You are now at the main menu.
- Press [ 9 ] for Mailbox Options.
- Press [ 1 ] for Record Greeting.
- After pressing [ 1 ] in above step, the system will present you with a list of greetings that you can record. Press the number that corresponds to the greeting you wish to record.
How do I retrieve a deleted message from my voicemail?
Enter the voice mail system, enter your current password. You are now at the main menu.
- Press  for Listen to Messages in Deleted Folder.
- While listening to the message, press  to move the message back to your Inbox.
- To permanently delete your message, press  while listening to it from within the Deleted Messages folder.
Warning: Messages are only stored in the Deleted Messages folder for 7-days.
How do I save messages or replies I send to others in my voicemail?
To get a copy of your replies or messages, add yourself to the destination list. For distribution lists, you can include yourself on the list.
How do I skip a voicemail message?
To skip a message while leaving it's status the same (i.e. unread messages are still marked as unread), press [#] while listening to the message. To skip a message and mark it as Read, press  while listening to the message.
How do I to send a "read receipt" so I know if a person has received a voice message?
The read receipt is called a delivery report on this system. Please keep in mind that this feature was designed to report on messages delivered to many individuals. Some of the options seem a bit odd when applied to only one recipient.
- The first thing you should do is define your default report configuration. To check your configuration, choose Setup Options (9) from the Main Menu then Delivery Report Configuration (7) and Review Report Configuration (1).
- To change your report configuration, choose (2) from the Delivery Report Configuration menu. There are 4 parameters you will have to define:
- Media R12; The report can be in the form of either a voice message or a fax.
- Destination R12; You may send the report to your mailbox, a local fax, or somewhere else.
- Expiration Time R12; This "forces" the generation of a report, even if the message is not "read".
- Format R12; Either one summary report or a report for each destination.
- You enable a delivery report at the time you send a message. After recording a message, you are presented with a number of Record Options (review recording, re_record, etc.). When are satisfied with your message, press # to go on the Send Options message. Select option (6) to generate a delivery report. You may select the system default report, your personal default report or customize the report for this message. If you have configured your personal default as described above, simply select that option. The report will be generated when either the message has been "read" or the expiration time is reached.
- You can also force a delivery report but only if you requested a report at the time you sent the message. To force a report, choose option (4) from the Main Menu. When the time and date of the message you want a report on is announced, press #.
- The report will be sent to the destination you specified in the report configuration.
What is my mailbox number for voicemail?
Your mailbox number is your 5-digit telephone number (begins with a 5).
What is my temporary (default) voicemail password?
Your temporary (default) password is used the first time you access voice mail. This temporary (default) password is your 5 digit telephone number. After you enter this temporary (default) password, you will be prompted to enter in your own secret password. DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSWORD! Otherwise, you will be unable to access your voice mail until you call the Help Desk and request that it be reset.
How do I configure my laptop or device to connect to TMCC's wireless network?
How do I clear a session after using a Xerox?
After use, customers should clear their Account ID from the Xerox by pressing the yellow Clear All button twice fast.
You will then get a log out screen. Select "Clear All" and logout.
How do I fax from my computer using Xerox?
The simplest method to fax from your computer is to use your e-mail system.
- Log in to your Google Gmail.
- Create a new mail message. Attach the document you wish to fax to the e-mail.
- In the TO: field, put in the fax number you wish to fax to using the following syntax:
- Internal TMCC Fax: XXXXX@fax.tmcc.edu
- Local Fax: 9XXXXXXX@fax.tmcc.edu
- Long Distance Fax: 91XXXXXXXXXXPPPPP@fax.tmcc.edu (where PPPPP represents your PIN)
How do I print to the Xerox?
Installing a Xerox Printer to your computer
- Download this file to install the Xerox printer of your choice.
- Select the Run button.
- Then follow the instructions on the screen.
Select the Xerox you wish to install from the drop down arrow.
Then press the Install Printer button.
Here is a list of available Xerox for your reference.
Xerox Printer Drivers
|RDMT 115||DR-VITO/DR-115 (RDMT-115)|
|RDMT 200||DR-VITO/DR-200 (RDMT-200)|
|RDMT 207||DR-VITO/DR-207 (RDMT-207)|
|RDMT 315||DR-VITO/DR-315 (RDMT-315)|
|RDMT 315C||DR-VITO/DR-315C (RDMT-315C)|
|RDMT 318||DR-VITO/DR-318 (RDMT-318)|
|RDMT 319||DR-VITO/DR-319 (RDMT-319)|
|RDMT 321||DR-VITO/DR-321 (RDMT-321)|
|RDMT 325||DR-VITO/DR-325 (RDMT-325)|
|RDMT 331||DR-VITO/DR-331 (RDMT-331)|
|RDMT 334||DR-VITO/DR-334 (RDMT-334)|
|RDMT 417||DR-VITO/DR-417 (RDMT-417)|
|SIER 200W||DR-VITO/DS-200W (SIER-200W)|
|VSTA B106 H||DR-VITO/DV-106H (VSTA-106H)|
|VSTA B200||DR-VITO/DV-200 (VSTA-200)|
|VSTA B300||DR-VITO/DV-300 (VSTA-300)|
|EDSN 115||DR-VITO/ED-115 (EDSN-115)|
|EDSN 203||DR-VITO/ED-203 (EDSN-203)|
|LIB 107||DR-VITO/LIB-107 (LIB-107)|
|LIB 200||DR-VITO/LIB-200 (LIB-200)|
|MDWS 201||DR-VITO/MS-201 (MDWS-201)|
|MDWS 301||DR-VITO/MS-301 (MDWS-301)|
|RC-B 101||DR-VITO/RF-101 (RCB-101)|
Please wait until the status: changes from RED to GREEN
If you wish to install additional printers press the Reset Form button and select another printer.
How do I scan to email using a Xerox?
- If the screen shown below is NOT seen, press the "Services Home Button" on the upper left side.
- Press "Email" to start the email job.
- On the left hand side, select "New Recipients".
- This action will bring up the screen below, allowing you to enter in the email address of the individual to whom you wish to send the scanned file. As a convenience, the Xerox will allow you to only enter in the first few letters of the recipient's first or last name and when you select Search it will search for those names that most closely match the search pattern. For example, in the screen below, "win" was entered. When the "Search" button is selected, the Xerox will present matching users. This will only work for users at TMCC.
- The search results will display the people who most closely match the search query (see below). When you select a person, you will then have the option to place in the To:, CC:, or BCC:. You now have the option to repeat the process and add additional email addresses to send the scanned file. When you have completed adding email addresses, select the "Close" button.
- You can also add/change more information on the email screen. Select "Message" and you can add a message to your email. This is the same with the subject. You can also change the sent "From" if you like (the default is "XeroxScan@tmcc.edu"). Now load the documents you wish to scan in the document tray and then press the "Start" button. This will scan the documents and send the scanned file to the email address or addresses as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file.
How do walkup customers fax using a Xerox?
To send a FAX from a Xerox machine with a confirmation email:
- Place document to be faxed into the document feeder.
- If the "Services Home" screen is not visible, hit the "Services Home" button, top left.
- At the Services Home screen select the "Workflow Scanning" button.
- At this screen, hit the "Start" (green) button.
- There are two items that you must enter, and the last is optional. Select "Enter Fax Number".
- From this screen, you can input all information needed to send a fax.
- First, enter a fax number where "x" is the number. Type in 9xxxxxxxxxx. Select "Next" button. Now enter your PIN. Select "Next". You can enter an email for confirmation (not required).
- Select "Done", then "Save".
- Hit the green start button to FAX.
How do walkup customers log in to a Xerox?
When you come up to a Xerox Copier it may be asleep to save energy. To wake it up, press the Services Home Button, as shown below.
To log in, hit the Services Home Button. You will then see the screen below; press "Next".
On the next screen, you will need to enter your PIN, then press "Enter".
What is the cost of the Xerox service?
If you are a TMCC employee, you are required to use your individually assigned department or personal PIN, which was originally established for long-distance phone call authorization.
Most full-time employees have been issued two PINs: one for departmental use and one for personal use. Either of these two PINs will work with the Xerox machines. Departments will be billed based upon the PIN used. Authorized part-time employees will be given an individually assigned departmental PIN.
Student workers will normally not have PINs assigned. If student workers need to use the Xerox, then their supervisor must specifically request that PINs be issued. Please contact Central Services if you have questions about PINs.
A Xerox User's Guide is on our Document and Forms Web page that explains in detail how to enter the PINs from your workstation or from the Xerox. Any procedural questions about how to request a PIN be assigned to an individual or how to enter the PINs should be directed to Central Services at (5-7561).
Departments will be billed according to the following:
|Action||Department PIN Cost Per Page||Personal PIN Cost Per Page||Notes|
|Copy at the Xerox Machine||3 cents||3 cents||You will be required to enter the PIN via the internal keypad.|
|Scan at the Xerox Machine||No charge (Printed scan confirmation sheets will be charged 3 cents per page)||No charge (Printed scan confirmation sheets will be charged 3 cents per page)||A printed scan confirmation sheets will be charged 3 cents per page|
|FAX at the Xerox Machine or from the workstation.||No charge (printed faxes or printed fax confirmation sheets will be charged 3 cents per page)||No charge (printed faxes or printed fax confirmation sheets will be charged 3 cents per page)||Both in and out bound Faxes can have confirmation pages printed. These are printed at 3 cents per page. Any long distance fax will be charged on the phone bill.|
|Printouts from your Computer Workstation||3 cents||3 cents||This includes any banner page printed.|
Please note: that a page is considered one side. Two-sided copies and prints are billed as two pages. Also note that the Xerox User's Documentation, which IT Operations has published, explains how to secure your PIN. Be sure you read and follow these directions carefully; otherwise, various logs and confirmation pages may print your PIN.
Remember to Keep Your PINs Confidential
When using the Xerox copiers for copying or faxing, walkup customers must enter their PIN into the Xerox Internal Print Accounting Screen (see below).
When printing or faxing from your computer, once the fax or print job is sent, you will be prompted to enter your billing code (same as your PIN). Enter in your departmental or personal PIN. If you do not remember your PIN, you can click on Browse Codes. You will only see the PINs assigned to you. Individuals are responsible for paying for costs incurred using personal PINs (see below):
More FAQs are available! Search through all TMCC's frequently asked questions.