Lab Use Guidelines
TMCC has three General Access Computer Labs (GACL) – educational computer facilities – which are open to TMCC students, faculty and staff. There is no fee to use the labs although users may be asked to verify TMCC enrollment or employment. If not enrolled or employed at TMCC or other NSHE institutions, then access is not allowed. The public may use TMCC's Elizabeth Sturm Library computer kiosks for academic research; however, the public would be required to pay for the use of paper products or other resources.
All labs are managed by the ITO Academic Computing staff. Friendly and knowledgeable Lab Assistants are staffed in Sierra 109, Sierra 103 (overflow) and Meadowood S124 General Access Computer Labs. They are available to assist with computer or printer problems and are available to help with various applications and software questions, how to access their email and help obtain material from the Internet for research. Lab Assistants will enforce these guidelines in the Labs at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and quiet lab for students to do their work.
- Absolutely no food or beverages are allowed in the labs.
- Children are not to be left unattended in the labs.
- Cell-phone use in the lab is prohibited. Emergency calls can be received, but the user must step outside of the Lab to continue the conversation.
- Maintain a quiet work area: Loud boisterous behavior is not acceptable; the Lab is not a place to socialize, as it's distracting to others.
- Viewing or printing pornographic material that can be viewed by others is not allowed in the Labs or Kiosks. During peak times, the Lab Assistants will monitor the game players and those participating in Internet chat. If students are waiting to use a computer for homework, they will have first preference. Students who are on the chat lines and playing games are welcome, but will be advised to come back when the labs are not busy.
- Head count and surveys: In order to effectively use technology resources, occasional head counts or surveys may be taken by the lab monitor. Please provide them with your cooperation.
- Closing time: The labs must close promptly at the scheduled time. Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.
- TMCC General Access Computer Labs are educational computer facilities open to all students, faculty and staff at TMCC. If not enrolled or employed at TMCC or other NSHE institutions, then access is not allowed.
U.S. Copyright Law and license agreements protect software available in the TMCC General Access Computer Labs. Lab software is for use only on computers found in the Lab. TMCC will monitor the usage to assure that it is used for a legitimate purpose as allowed by the U.S. Copyright Law. This monitoring will protect both TMCC and users of the software within the General Access Computer Labs.
Return to ITO Academic Computing