Human Resources

Human Resources Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to Human Resources' most commonly asked questions.

FAQ Subcategory:

GeneralBack to Top

How can an employee change their address?

You can change your address you can using the employee self service. However, this will only change the payroll system. You will need to come to the human resources office to complete address change forms for health benefits, life insurance and retirement.

To use the employee self service, log on to the TMCC website and go to the faculty/staff link. Under the column "Computing", click on Employee Self-Service Login. Enter your EMPLOYEE ID number and assigned PIN number (4-digit number at the bottom your check stub). If you do not have a PIN assigned or don't know your EMPLOYEE ID please contact Human Resources.

How do I change my beneficiaries?

To change your beneficiaries you must come to the human resources office at the Dandini Campus, SIER LIB 200 to complete all beneficiary forms.

How do I stop payroll deductions?

To stop payroll deductions please come by the Human Resources Office in SIER LIB 200 to complete the deduction cancellation card.

How is the Winter Break accounted for on classified leave slips?

According to Nevada Administrative Code 284.5208, #3, a classified employee is expected to exhaust his/her compensatory time balance before he/she uses any available annual leave. This means that even though classified employees are allowed to accumulate compensatory time balances for the Winter Break, these balances are not being "set aside." If a classified employee requests to use annual leave between now and Winter Break, and that same classified employee has a compensatory time balance on his/her leave record, the employee must use the compensatory time before the annual leave.

Any classified employee who is in danger of losing annual leave at the end of the calendar year (year ending balance will exceed 240 hours) should take the annual leave first, before using accumulated compensatory time (NAC 284.539, #4).

What if my normal work days are not Monday through Friday?

If you work a 40 hour work week, regardless of days off, you would put in a leave slip for the 40 hour week indicating your schedule for the work week. You would also indicate you are off both Christmas Day and New Year's Day even if they are normally work days for you.

If the holiday falls on the scheduled day off of a classified employee, the appointing authority may adjust the work schedule of the employee for the week during which the holiday occurs (by substituting another day off, adjusting the work week in which the holiday falls, etc.); credit the employee with straight compensatory time; or pay the employee for the holiday at straight time if he is in paid status during his scheduled shift before the holiday. This pay is in addition to his/her normal week's pay.

When can I change my TMCC employment health benefits?

Health benefits can be changed during the yearly open enrollment and if a qualifying event occurs. A qualifying event is considered marriage, birth, divorce or if a spouse loses his/her job. Different documents will be required for the qualifying event. Call Human Resources for details.

What does the TMCC Human Resources Office do?

The Human Resources department is responsible for the recruitment of professional and classified employees, benefits management, salary administration and job classification, training and development, records management, employee relations, and human resources information systems.

The department also provides a variety of employees services, ranging from research to time and leave reporting to the interpretation of the Board of Regents code, state classified rules and related regulations.

The human resources office does not handle student employment.

Can I mail a personal letter via campus mail?

Yes. You are allowed to put non-TMCC stamped letters in your TMCC department's mail bag and Mail Services will include them with the daily outgoing pickup from the U.S. Post Office.

Also, there is a gray USPS mailbox outside of Mail Services (RDMT 228) that you can place non-TMCC letters into. Mail Services checks and picks up the mail from the box at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. daily. The U.S. Post Office picks up all outgoing mail (personal and business) from TMCC at 1:30 p.m. daily.

Please contact Mail Services for any questions.

Employee OrientationBack to Top

How do employees get Grant-In-Aid?

Professional employees and their dependents are eligible for Grant-In-Aid immediately. You will need to complete a Professional Grant-In-Aid Form which is available on our website or may be picked up in the Human Resources Office, SIER LIB 200. Once you have the form signed you need to bring it to human resources and we will issue you a card to take to the institution you, or your dependent will attend.

All classified employees are eligible for Grant-In-Aid. Dependents of classified employees are not eligible for Grant-In-Aid. You will need to complete a Classified Grant-In-Aid Form which is available on our website or may be picked up in the human resources office, SIER LIB 200. Completed forms should be submitted to the human resources office, SIER LIB 200.

How do employees start direct deposit?

To start direct deposit you will need to complete the direct deposit form and attach a voided check (deposit slips are not sufficient) and be brought to the Human Resources Office in SIER LIB 200.

How does a TMCC employee request a network account/access to the network or internet?

You must complete the Network Application for Security Access (NASA) form online.

How does a TMCC employee begin new phone service or move/change an existing phone service?

To receive new service or change existing service, contact IT Customer Service.

In your request, please provide the following details:

  • Customer Name and Department
  • Building and Room
  • Phone jack number (located on the faceplate)
  • When needed
  • If access to long distance will be required
  • If voicemail will be desired
  • Account to bill (if new phone required)

How does a TMCC employee request a key for the office?

How does a TMCC employee request a PIN for using Xerox machines at all campus locations?

If you need to set up new or additional accounts, a few things to remember:

  • Set up a DPO/RFC for each account number that will be charged.
  • Encumber sufficient funds for both Xerox and copy center charges.
  • Request a PIN for each person in your department who will be using this account.
  • Send white, pink and yellow copies of DPO to Auxiliary Services, RDMT 231.

The above steps must be completed before completing the electronic copy request.

Part-time Faculty: please contact the Academic Support Center for more information.

How do employees join the TMCC Fitness Center?

Please visit the Fitness Center's Web page for complete information.

What are TMCC instructors' responsibilities?

Major duties of part-time faculty include course preparation, teaching, student evaluation, and submitting reports as required by immediate supervisors or representatives of other departments. Your job responsibilities also include the following:

  • Teach classes as agreed upon with immediate supervisor (department chair, coordinator).
  • Meet each class as scheduled and hold class for the full time frame designated in the class schedule.
  • Provide each student (at the beginning of the course) with a comprehensive course syllabus.
  • Prepare your course materials.
  • Periodically examine student work and provide each student with progress reports related to meeting the objectives of the course.
  • Coordinate and work with division support personnel to assist in preparing and printing materials for hand outs. Support sustainable campus thru reductions in printed materials.
  • Plan and administer a fair grading system. Departments may also have sample grade templates.
  • Maintain an accurate attendance and grade records and documentation; submit records as required.
  • Submit your official rosters and final grades by the established deadlines using MyTMCC software.
  • Make advance arrangements with the department for classroom supplies/equipment as needed.
  • Review proposed new textbooks, if requested by your immediate supervisor.
  • Attend the part-time faculty orientation and any other training programs or meetings required by your department.
  • Provide your students with the opportunity to complete appraisal forms and return them on time to the Part-time Faculty Support Center or designated location.
  • Return your keys and other college property at the end of each semester.
  • Other duties as assigned by your supervisor and/or within the scope of the Letter of Appointment (LOA).

Additional information for Part-time Faculty:

  • Attend a part-time faculty orientation and any other training programs or meetings required by your department.
  • Provide your students with the opportunity to complete appraisal forms and return them on time to the Part-time Faculty Support Center or designated location.
  • Return your keys and other college property at the end of each semester.

What are the important dates TMCC instructors need to know for the term?

The Vice President of Academic Affairs Office maintains the TMCC Activities and Reporting Calendar which lists important dates for each term, including registration, holidays, last day to add or drop, when rosters and grades are due, and etc.

Also, view the TMCC Events Calendar.

How do TMCC instructors prepare a course syllabus?

Contact your department chair for resources to use in developing your syllabus and preparing instructional materials. Textbooks, manuals, TMCC catalog, curriculum guides, and internet resources are examples of instructional materials that may be helpful. Ask your department chair about sample syllabi designed for courses which are comparable to the course you will be teaching.

What is TMCC's grading policy?

The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) has established a grading scale (BOR Handbook, Title 4, Ch. 16, Section 38) to be used at all NSHE institutions.

How do TMCC instructors enter final grades?

  1. Start by logging into MyTMCC.
  2. If you have both a Student and Faculty and Staff tab, select the Faculty and Staff tab.
  3. Select the Self Service link.
  4. Click the Faculty Center link.
  5. Select the Grade Roster link.
  6. Verify that this is the class in which you wish to add grades. If necessary, select the change class button to change classes.
  7. When the Grade Roster is available, click in the Grade Input field under Roster Grade.
  8. Enter the desired information into the Grade Input field or use the drop down menu to select a grade from the list.
  9. If the student is receiving and I or an F grade, you will be prompted to add a Last Date Attended.
  10. By checking "Fully Attended" will add the default "end-of-semester" date into Last Date of Attendance field.
    • Checking Never Attended will add the default "beginning-of-semester" date into the Last Date of Attendance field. NOTE: If the student is receiving an I grade, selecting Never Attended will not be allowed.
    • Partially Attended will require a date to be entered.
    • Click OK to return to the grade roster page.
  11. Note: If you attempt to Save your grades before you have entered the necessary Last Date of Attendance dates, you will be prompted to return to the Grade Roster screen to enter the appropriate dates.
  12. You can also select the Last Date of Attendance tab to add dates for your students.
  13. Click in the Grade Input field for the next student on your roster.
  14. Complete entering the desired information into the Grade Input fields for all of your students.
  15. To create a Final Grade roster, select Final Grade under Grade Roster Type, if it is not currently selected. Click the Grade Roster Type list.
  16. Click the Final Grade list item.
  17. Once you have entered your grades, you will need to mark them as Approved and Save them. Click the Approval Status drop down list.
  18. Click the Approved list item.
  19. Click the Save button.
  20. Congratulations! You have successfully entered grades into the system.

What is an incomplete grade pertaining to TMCC faculty?

An "Incomplete" may be given under the following circumstances. The student must have completed 75% with at least a grade of "C." There must be some verifiable, compelling reason for the lack of completion of the class. A conference between you and the student should be held prior to the due date for grades at the end of the semester. A detailed statement describing the work to be completed, approved by your division dean must be submitted in MyTMCC. This addendum will automatically be sent to the dean for approval. After the dean makes a decision, a response will be sent via email to you and admissions and records.

Please check with your department chair before issuing an incomplete. If you are teaching an individualized developmental class, consult with your immediate supervisor for special regulations regarding grading in these classes. Students have one semester in which to make up assignments or examinations for a course in which they receive an incomplete. The instructor must submit the card to change the incomplete to a grade by the same date that final grades are due for the semester. Summer session is not defined as a semester for this purpose.

How do TMCC instructors change a student's grade?

If you discover an error, or feel the grade should be changed after grades have been entered, submit a grade change card by contacting your division/department administrative assistant.

How do TMCC instructors obtain a class list?

Faculty members may access their class lists through MyTMCC. Every student in the class MUST be on the class list. A student in the class that is not on the class list must complete registration before attending class.

Part-time Faculty: If you need help getting into MyTMCC, please see Barbie Wright in the academic support center or you may contact the TMCC IT Customer Service.

What do TMCC instructors do if a student asks to be added to their class?

Students may add classes anytime during the published registration period. Late starting classes may be added using MyTMCC up until the published start date of the class. Written permission of the division offering the class is required to add any class after the registration period or after the start date of the class.

You may not add a student yourself. Contact your department chair and/or department administrative assistant for help.

What do TMCC instructors do if they have to miss class?

Instructors are required to attend every regularly scheduled class session. If you know ahead of time that you will be absent, contact your division/department chair or coordinator. You are responsible for notifying your department of your absence. If possible, it's always best to notify your department chair and students well in advance of an absence. Class sessions must meet for the time indicated in the schedule, and for their full duration as stated in the class schedule.

If you are unable to teach at the last minute due to illness or an emergency, contact your division/department chair or department administrative assistant to post a sign on the door and call students; you may also want to send your students an email. (See Also: Class Cancellation Policy.)

If you must cancel a class before 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m. on the day of class, please contact the Academic Support Center.

  • Dandini Campus: 775-673-7000 for
  • Meadowood Center: 775-829-9004,
  • High Tech Center at Redfield: 775-850-4000
  • IGT Applied Technology Center: 775-856-5300

What do TMCC instructors do if they have a student who misses several classes?

Please refer to the TMCC Early Alert Program.

Regular attendance is required, but attendance requirements vary from one division/department to another. Check with your division/department office for attendance policies. Your attendance requirements should be clearly stated in the course syllabus.

What do TMCC instructors do if a student is behaving inappropriately or is posing an immediate threat?

Threat of Imminent Injury: Call 911 - if possible, evacuate the area

Incident where a mild threat of violence occurs, report incident immediately to TMCC Police Department at: 775-674-7900.

What do TMCC instructors do if their classroom is locked?

All classrooms and labs are to be locked before and after class. All part-time faculty members are required to have their own key to each of their classrooms. Please go to the academic support center if you do not have a classroom key and apply for one.

Who do TMCC instructors contact for classroom technology issues?

Contact the Information Technology Department for visual and electronic media support.

Contact the IT Customer Service for support with internal TMCC computer, telephone and network connectivity issues.

How do TMCC instructors email their students?

Instructors may email their students through MyTMCC.

What do TMCC instructors do if they have a student with a disability?

The TMCC Disability Resource Center (DRC) website offers a wealth of information to educate faculty and prospective students.

How do TMCC instructors get copies made?

TMCC Auxiliary Services provides information through the TMCC Copy Center for copying, letterhead and business cards, etc.

What do TMCC instructors do if they need supplies?

Contact your department office first. Your department office can provide you with textbooks, pens, pencils, chalk, markers, scantron forms and paper, etc. If your department is unavailable, contact the academic support center. Whenever possible, please plan ahead, many offices are not open in the evenings.

How do TMCC instructors receive and administer course evaluations?

Course evaluations are completed every semester by your students. You will receive your course evaluation packet in your TMCC mailbox or if you have an online class, it will be emailed to you. If you have not received your evaluation packet, please contact the academic support center.

Each class must be evaluated every semester. There will be a due date on the packet and you are expected to have a student return your completed evaluation(s) to the academic support center.

Please take the packet to your class and have a student pass out the information. Encourage students to fill out the evaluation completely, including comments with a pencil or pen. Please leave the classroom while the students are working on the evaluations. Have the student collect and seal the evaluations in the evaluation packet and return it to the academic support center, as soon as the class is over for the day.

When do TMCC instructors get paid?

Please see TMCC Human Resources Payroll Policies and Procedures.

What are the employment perks for TMCC instructors?

Please see TMCC Human Resources Employee Amenities.

How does a TMCC employee get an employee ID card?

Faculty and staff may obtain an employee ID card at the Academic Support Center. Please bring a valid government issued photo ID.

How do TMCC instructors use the College Library?

You must have an employee ID card to check anything out from the Library. Library resources are available at several locations.

The following individuals are eligible to use library materials:

  • TMCC students, faculty, and staff
  • NSHE faculty and students
  • residents of the state of Nevada


MaterialsEligible IndividualsTime Period
General Library Materials TMCC students and staff; NSHE faculty and students 14 days
  Full and part-time TMCC faculty Semester
Periodicals   In-Library Use Only
Non-reserve and feature film videos TMCC students; NSHE faculty and students 2 days
  Full and part-time TMCC faculty and staff 7 days
  State of Nevada residents In-Library Use Only

Who do TMCC instructors contact for professional development?

Contact TMCC's Professional Development Office.

In keeping with the TMCC mission statement, the Professional Development Office provides access for lifelong learning opportunities through a variety of programs that are open to all members of the TMCC community.

PayrollBack to Top

How and where do I receive a TMCC employee payroll debit card?

If you've chosen to not use direct deposit, your payroll debit card will be mailed directly to you from Bank of America at your address on record in the HR/Payroll system (listed on your paper paycheck). The card is issued by Bank of America under the NSHE payroll debit card program, but it is an individual FDIC bank account issued, maintained and serviced by Bank of America.

How do I set up direct deposit for my TMCC employee payroll?

Visit our Payroll Procedures Web page for complete instructions and information on direct deposits for TMCC employees.

I don't want a TMCC employee payroll debit card; do I have any other options?

All employees will continue to be able to enroll in traditional direct deposit to receive their payroll funds.

Employees who receive a payroll debit card can also change their payroll payment to another bank account (traditional direct deposit) at any time for future payroll disbursements.

I have had trouble getting a bank account in the past; am I still eligible for a TMCC employee payroll debit card?

Yes. The payroll debit card is an FDIC insured bank account, but it is not a checking account so the bank will issue cards to all employees.

I receive my TMCC employee payroll by direct deposit; will I also receive a payroll debit card?

No. Only employees who are not paid via direct deposit are issued a payroll debit card.

Is the TMCC employee payroll debit card a credit card and/or can I overspend the card balance and cause a bank overdraft?

No. The card is a prepaid debit card. Although it can be used for retail purchases as a credit card (where VISA cards are accepted), it is not a credit card and the bank does not permit overdraft spending on the payroll debit card.

What happens if I lose my TMCC employee payroll debit card?

Contact Bank of America customer service and a replacement card will be issued. The fee for card replacement is $5.00.

What if my TMCC employee payroll debit card is lost and I can't wait for the replacement card to arrive?

Unlike lost paychecks, which require a one week waiting period, you may arrange a 'fee-free' funds transfer to another bank account by accessing your debit card bank account via Bank of America's online banking service.

Alternatively, Bank of America customer service can arrange an emergency cash transfer for you to receive cash prior to receiving your replacement debit card. There is a $15.00 fee for this service.

What if my TMCC employee payroll debit card is stolen or I suspect it has been used without my permission?

You should treat your card with care. Guard the card account number and PIN number the same way you would cash or any credit card. Do not share your card number or PIN number with anyone.

If you lose your card or believe it to be stolen, you must immediately contact Bank of America customer service personnel. Bank of America will cancel your old card, move the remaining balance to a new card, and then mail the new card to you at the address on file.

With the TMCC employee payroll debit card, will I be able to access the full value of my paycheck, or will I be required to pay fees to maintain the card, reducing the value of my paycheck?

There are several ways to access the full value of your paycheck without incurring fees.

The bank provides one free weekly cash withdrawal up to the full value in your account from any VISA member bank (including but not limited to Bank of America branches).

Withdrawals can be made from Bank of America ATMs located within the United States without fees, and the card can be used for U.S. retail purchases (in stores and online) anywhere VISA is accepted without incurring fees.

RecruitmentBack to Top

What happens when a vacancy occurs?

Once a position has been identified to be filled, it will be posted to our website.

How are positions at TMCC advertised?

Truckee Meadows Community College policy involves advertising all available job opportunities to attract a wide range of qualified job applicants. Individuals interested in employment with Truckee Meadows Community College should routinely search local newspapers and higher education publications such as:

Black Media News Hard Copy Publication
Chronicle of Higher Education
Community College Times
El Mundo Latino Hard Copy Publication
Higher Education
Minority Review Hard Copy Publication
National Black Review Hard Copy Publication
Reno Gazette Journal or
The Hispanic Outlook
The Progressive Women Hard Copy Publication
The Veteran Journal Hard Copy Publication
TMCC's Web Site

How do I apply for an administrative or academic position?

All current administrative and academic openings are none done online. To be considered for an advertised position, all applicants must first complete the online application at You may then view all open positions and apply. You will need to attach an electronic resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts when you apply to a posting.

How do I apply for a classified position?

All state classified positions are advertised on our employment page. You will need to complete the State of Nevada application. The State of Nevada application is available online. The application should describe how the applicant's education, training and experience directly relate to the specific knowledge and abilities for the position. Read the position announcement (toward the bottom) carefully as it will tell you where you will need to send your application.

How do I apply for a part-time instructor position?

All part-time instructor pools are completed online. To be considered for a part-time instructor position, all applicants must first complete the online part-time instructor application. You may then view all part-time instructor pools and apply. You will need to attach electronic supporting documents when you apply to a posting.

What are TMCC's qualifications for faculty positions?

Minimum requirements for academic areas, master's degree is required for instruction in baccalaureate-level courses or an appropriate combination of education and experience. A bachelor's degree, or appropriate experience in lieu of a post-secondary education, is required for instruction in occupational courses. (B/R 12/89) Rev. 213 (10/04) Title 4, Chapter 3, page 5.

TMCC General Standards of Qualifications for Faculty

Prior to employment of candidates to perform professional services for Truckee Meadows Community College, the college shall establish that the candidate possesses:

  1. Scholarship and/or technical skill that represent appropriate study, training and skills in the proposed area of assignment,
  2. Expertise as a practitioner as evidenced by reports of former associates and supervisors,
  3. A demonstrable understanding acceptance of the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students,
  4. A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, role, and character of the community college,
  5. The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the standards, mission and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College, and
  6. Personal characteristics that contribute to the ability to promote the welfare of the students, the institution and the State of Nevada.
Specific Qualifications

In addition to the faculty credentials required by the Board of Regents, candidates for appointment shall meet or exceed the following standards in their areas of specialization.

  1. Professional personnel performing services for which advanced degrees are normally available shall hold the equivalent of a master's degree in the field of their educational service from a regionally accredited college or university or a bachelor's degree and extensive professional experience in the field of their education service.
  2. Professional personnel in vocational fields or other specialized areas for which advanced degrees are not normally available shall have sufficiently broad and comprehensive training and work experience that particularly qualifies them to provide instruction in their area of specialization.
  3. Minimum work experience for an instructor in occupations requiring state or local licensing, certification or registry will be two calendar years subsequent to receipt of license or certificate unless the occupation is an apprenticeable trade. Current licenses, registrations and/or certifications shall be maintained as a requirement for teaching courses in the respective occupation.
  4. For all other occupations and/or trades in business and industry that do not meet the above noted requirements, the minimum work experience in the field for an instructor shall be a minimum of three years, equivalent to three years employment in the occupation/vocation/trade to be taught.
  5. Truckee Meadows Community College reserves the right to employ individuals as instructors who do not meet the above qualifications but who possess unique skills and talents as certified technicians, artists-in-residence, scholars-in-residence or researchers-in-residence that contribute to the college's ability meet its mission and goals.

How are the pools for open positions reviewed and how are people picked for interviews?

The screening committee will review the application materials you provide and compare it to the position-opening announcement. The screening committee will be reviewing the unofficial transcripts you have provided. Please note that the courses in the field to be taught will be analyzed according to course title or course prefix. When the committee cannot identify that a particular course is in the teaching field by the prefix or course title, it is helpful to have the course descriptions provided.

Based on the requested information you provide, those applicants they feel best meet the qualifications and requirements requested of the position will be asked to interview. If a committee selects you for an interview, the screening committee chair will contact you by telephone. At this time you will be told the status of your application materials and you will be asked if you are available to come for an interview with the committee. If you are still interested in interviewing, you will receive a package of information and instructions.

Screening committees attempt to give the candidates two weeks notice for the scheduling of interviews. Be sure to inform us if you change your address and/or telephone number. Also, if you know you will be "unreachable" at your home or message telephone number for a period of time (for vacation or out of town on business), please call human resources with a number where you can be reached.

While committees may choose to conduct initial telephone interviews, for second interviews or final interviews the candidate will be required to travel to the college. TMCC will reimburse interview applicants for one-half of all reimbursable interview costs, up to a maximum of $750 per person. Reimbursable costs include all costs associated with the transportation, housing and dining costs paid by the interviewee to travel to Reno, Nevada for a personal interview. Non-reimbursable expenses may include any personal entertainment, clothing or tourist costs.

What action is taken if my application materials are complete?

If on the closing date or review date you have submitted all the required documents, your application materials will be sent to the committee for review. The screening committee shall be responsible for the verification of qualifications necessary to meet the general requirements for employment and the specific requirements for open positions as described in official position posting notices.

The screening committee generally takes two (2) to four (4) weeks to review applications. The chair of the screening committee will contact individuals to set up interviews. Human resources will notify applicants if they have not been screened into the interview pool.

How and when will I know the outcome of an interview?

If you are selected for a position, you will receive a telephone call from the vice president or designee, verbally offering you the position. Upon acceptance, the Human Resources Office will then send you a confirmation offer letter with the terms of the offer and details on moving expenses.

I am a graduate of a foreign institution, what material must I submit to have my credentials approved?

Applicants who have earned their degrees outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education, published by the American Council on Education. Evaluations of non-U.S. degrees may be obtained from any one of the following entities. Expense of the evaluation shall be borne by the applicant and the evaluation must be forwarded directly to the TMCC Human Resources Office. Questions may be directed to Human Resources.

Center for Applied Research, Evaluations and Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817
Phone: 714-237-9272
Fax: 714-237-9279

Education International, Inc.
29 Denton Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
Phone: 781-235-7425
Fax: 781-235-6831

Educational Credential Evaluators. Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: 414-289-3400
Fax: 414-289-3411

Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
601 University Avenue, Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone: 916-921-0790
Fax: 916-921-0793

Evaluation Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 85
Hopewell Jct., NY 12533
Phone: 845-223-6455
Fax: 845-223-6454

Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc.
P.O. Box 400
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
Phone: 618-656-5291
Fax: 618-656-5292

Foreign Educational Document Service
P.O. Box 4091
Stockton, CA 95204
Phone: 209-948-6589

Foundation for International Services, Inc.
Queen Anne Square, Suite 503
14926 - 35th Avenue West, Suite 210
Lynnwood, WA 98087
Phone: 425-248-2255
Fax: 425-248-2262

Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842-9203
Phone: 512-528-0908
Fax: 512-528-9293

International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
P.O. Box 8629
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8629
Phone: 215-222-8454 ext. 510
Fax: 215-349-0026

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Phone: 310-258-9451
Fax: 310-342-7086

Josef Silny and Assoc. Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: 305-273-1616
Fax: 305-273-1984

Spantran Educational Services, Inc.
7211 Regency Square Blvd., Suite 205
Houston, TX 77036-3197
Phone: 713-266-8805
Fax: 713-789-6022

World Educational Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: 212-966-6311
Fax: 212-739-6100

NOTE TO FOREIGN GRADUATES: Even if your transcripts are printed in English, you still need to have the Foreign Credential Evaluation. We need a translation of the degree program you completed to give us the equivalent to degree programs awarded in the United States.

My master's degree has not yet been conferred. However, I will graduate by May or August of application year. Can I apply?

Yes, applicants who want to be considered for disciplines requiring a master's degree but who will not graduate until May or August of the application year may apply. The applicant must show verification on the transcripts of all the required course work. If required course work is in progress, a letter from the registrar showing current enrollment is required.

What are some additional tips when applying?

Submission of a detailed resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts is required. Search committees review materials looking for different qualities and experiences. Give yourself the best chance by addressing your experiences, accomplishments and strengths as they relate to the position requirements and responsibilities.

What if I have questions for Human Resources?

Please contact us.

Winter BreakBack to Top

Who is affected by TMCC's Winter Break?

See also: Winter Break Guidelines (Memo)

Everyone who would normally work during the period between Christmas and New Years will be affected by this program. If you elect to work during this time, please let your supervisor and human resources know by using the above form.

Full-time faculty on "B" contracts and part-time faculty are already scheduled off during that time.

It is important to remember that although the Dandini Campus, IGT Applied Technology Center and High Tech Center at Redfield sites will be closed, the college is not mandating that employees take time off or that they must work. Instead, we are simply offering work and schedule options during the period in question. It is important for employees to be in constant contact with their supervisor regarding all work and schedule options.

Who is eligible to accrue compensatory time?

All classified employees and non-exempt professional employees may accrue compensatory time.

Student employees, administrative and academic faculty may not earn compensatory time.

What do Administrative and Academic 'A' faculty do for Winter Break?

Administrative and academic faculty on 'A' contracts have the option to either use annual leave, work from home, or work in a reassigned area, given the nature of the work. Approval from the supervisor is required if working from home or in a reassigned area.

See Also: Winter Break Guidelines

What do I do if I don't normally work 40 hours a week?

Plan to put in leave for hours you normally work each week, or request to work at the Meadowood site on your normally scheduled days off.

All part-time classified employees must be compensated with a cash payment when they work additional regular hours. These are defined as any hours worked up to full time, which is up to 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week, whichever comes first. There is no such thing as "straight" compensatory time. When a part-time classified employee works additional regular hours and is paid for them, that employee earns additional annual leave and sick leave as well as additional retirement service credit. It may be beneficial to alter a part-time employee's work schedule to include at least one 8-hour day. This will allow the part-time employee to work in overtime status more easily and provide him/her with the same opportunity to accrue compensatory time as the full-time employee. Contact Human Resources if you have questions regarding Winter Break hours for part-time employees.

Student employees and administrative and academic faculty may not earn compensatory time. Faculty on 'B' contracts are not contracted to work during the Winter Break week.

What do I do if I'm a classified employee and I have not earned enough annual leave or compensatory time for winter break?

Only those classified employees who have been employed by the State of Nevada (including TMCC) for more than six consecutive months are eligible to use their accrued annual leave. If by the time the Winter Break occurs, you don't have six months of continuous employment, you must make other arrangements to remain in paid status during the break or to continue to work.

Leave without pay is another option for classified employees who either don't have enough accrued leave or who choose not to use accrued leave. However, employees should be aware of the fact that there are a number of benefits affected by taking leave without pay, and that the use of leave without pay should be considered very carefully. First, if a classified employee is in unpaid status, the entire shift preceding the holiday, he/she is ineligible for holiday pay. Also, any time a classified employee is on leave without pay, his/her leave accrual is reduced for the month on a pro-rata basis. Service credit for retirement purposes is also reduced for the month. The Public Employees Retirement System will only credit an employee with time in paid status.

See Also: Winter Break Guidelines

Can I use a combination of options to request leave for the Winter Break?

Yes, you may. Simply indicate the hours and the type of leave to be used on your leave form.

If I want or need to work during the Winter Break, what should I do?

Talk with your supervisor first, and then complete the Winter Break Approval form, indicating when you will be working at the Meadowood site.

How do I earn compensatory time to use during the Winter Break?

Working additional hours for the accrual of compensatory time requires the agreement of both the supervisor and the employee in writing before the time is worked. Working compensatory time will be helpful in allowing staff to get caught up on work in advance of the college's Winter Break, thus minimizing the burden of lost work time. All departments are encouraged to do so for this specific purpose.

For the comp time required for the current year, please see the Winter Break Guidelines document for the current year.