TMCC offers many perks for its employees, including the following:
TMCC Fitness Center
For hours of operation, membership fees and information on the personal trainer preparation program visit the Fitness Center website.
- TMCC students enrolled in one credit
- TMCC faculty and staff
- Members must be 16 years of age or older
- Trained staff ready to assist you
- Cardio and strength training equipment
- Fitness assessments
- Easy access to the facility
- Locker room area
- Improved health and wellness
South Reno Athletic Club
Location: 9393 Gateway Drive
Reno, NV 89521
South RAC Informational Video
TMCC‘s Group Membership with South RAC offers the following:
- Employees provide ID from TMCC or a pay stub.
- Receive a discount to $34/month. A one-year commitment is required on a bankcard monthly draft. Family members, second or more membership receive additional monthly discount.
- No initiation fee.
- After 12 months, members are on a month-to-month agreement with a 30-day cancellation provision.
The normal initiation fee to join South RAC is $99 and then a $39/mo. fee with a 12-month commitment. The group membership saves TMCC employees the $99 initiation fee and $5 Per month.
Lombardi Recreational Facility
Eligibility requirements: Lombardi membership is reserved for NSHE students, faculty and staff, their immediate family members and invited guests. Students registered for seven or more units at any other NSHE institution shall be entitled to use the facilities upon providing proof of registration and payment of fees.
For safety reasons, no one under the age of 18 is permitted to purchase a Lombardi membership or guest pass except for the following:
- Regularly enrolled NSHE students
- Participants in supervised University of Nevada, Reno youth programs
- Participants in pre-approved youth sponsored events
Lombardi Recreational Facility located on the University Nevada, Reno campus offers a state-of-the-art fitness facility at a fraction of the cost of in-town commercial competitors. Services include a complete fitness center, body composition analysis and various health and fitness workshops and programs. Trained staff members are available to help evaluate your fitness level and design an exercise program that is appropriate for you.
For additional information visit the Lombardi Recreational Facility website for fee information and hours.
IT Benefits / Interest Free Computer Loans
For Students, Faculty and Staff
- Apple Discounts: TMCC faculty and staff can take advantage of discounts on Apple products offered to education employees by going to the Apple website. Students discounts for Apple products are available. Apple Discounts are also available from the University of Nevada, ASUN Bookstore.
- Software Purchasing Options:The ASUN Bookstore is the only authorized vendor to sell Adobe software at discounted prices to TMCC students and employees.
- University of Nevada, ASUN Bookstore.
The ASUN bookstore does not process orders via their website, but they can process them via email and phone. Their contact information is on their website.
- Select 'College/University' as your institution type, 'Nevada' as your state, and 'Truckee Meadows Community College' as your institution
- Select either the 'Student' tab or 'Faculty' (also used by staff) tab as appropriate
- Select the Microsoft tab. Note: By selecting the "Other Software" tab, additional software (such as MiniTab) can also be purchased
- OfficeMax Discounts: Receive TMCC's discounts for goods purchased at the local OfficeMax stores. Customers must show a copy of the TMCC Digital Retail Connect Card to receive the discount.
- Dell Computer Discounts: See Computer and Software Discount Programs.
- Other Discounts: Various hardware and software is available from the Computer Den, located on the UNR campus.
For Faculty and Staff Only
In addition to the values above, additional benefits available to faculty and staff are listed below.
- Microsoft Software
- Adobe Software
The primary user of the computer on which the software is installed may install a second copy of the software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable computer or a computer located at his or her home, provided the software on the portable or home computer is not used at the same time as the software on the primary computer. This specifically applies to Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, or Adobe PhotoShop.
- Employee Personal Computer Loan Program
TMCC has a program for employees of the college to obtain no-interest loans for the purpose of buying a personal computer (for personal use) and associated hardware and software. Learn more about the Employee Personal Computer Loan Program.
- Symantec Anti-Virus Software
Faculty and staff are able to download Symantec (Norton) Anti-virus software for home use. Follow these instructions: How to Download Software for Home Use.
- Toner Cartridge Recycle Discount
Cartridge World has set up toner cartridge recycling bins on each floor of every building on the Dandini Campus. There are signs explaining this recycling program posted next to each bin. All proceeds go to Phi Theta Kappa. The pick ups will be scheduled monthly or more often, if indicated. The company refills cartridges, guarantees the quality and sells them at a huge discount and includes free delivery to TMCC. And if you go to the store, show a student or staff ID, you will receive an additional 10% off. Empty cartridges can also be taken into the store and filled while you wait.
- Verizon Discount
Verizon Wireless is offering TMCC employees 18 percent off monthly access charges, free activation with a two year contract, free phones and special discounts. For questions regarding the Employee Personal Phone Discount Program, please email Chanin Haddock-Mierau or call 800-922-0204.