GED Preparation Program At Meadowood Center
In 2014, the GED exam will be more expensive and more difficult. Plus, if you've taken part of the exam, your scores will expire if you don't finish in 2013. Join us today and earn your GED this year!
Your GED credential is the gateway to a better future, better job, better education, better life and a great sense of accomplishment! TMCC is proud to offer FREE GED preparation classes at the TMCC Meadowood Center. Our classes are student-centered, fast paced and lively with lots of class participation and discussion.
Become well prepared for the GED exam by taking ABE's semester-long, noncredit classes that are offered Monday through Thursday in the morning, afternoon or evening.
You'll study the five sub-sections covered in the GED exam:
- Language arts and writing
- Social studies
- Language arts and reading
Follow these easy steps to study for and earn your GED credential.
- Attend a free GED orientation (This is mandatory)
- Have your skills analyzed (Instructions provided at orientation)
- Enroll (Instructions provided at orientation)
- When ready, take the GED exam at TMCC (depending on your skill level, the program may take anywhere from 12 weeks to a couple of years to complete.)
Prior to enrollment, you'll attend an orientation, complete all assessments and register for classes. The math and English assessments aid in course placement and allow instructors to individualize instructions based on your specific learning needs.
Upon completion of the skills analysis assessment, you will be eligible to enroll in the GED preparation class. Two six-week sessions are needed to cover the GED. Students will meet with the instructor Monday through Thursday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon or evenings 6 to 9 p.m.
A GED will open doors to
- A job
- A better job
- A promotion
- Ability to pursue higher education
- Greater self-esteem
- New opportunities
TMCC's GED prep class provides
- an informal classroom setting
- instruction in all subjects covered by the GED exam
- books and materials
- practice GED tests
- GED test appointments
- post-GED guidance