Request for Funding Support
The TMCC Foundation welcomes this opportunity to review this fundraising request and support the college community. Please note that the TMCC Foundation may or may not be able to raise the requested approved funds given a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, appropriate match of donors' preferences to this request; ongoing Foundation funding initiatives and projects; relationship of request to College strategic and educational master plans; and project funding deadline.
Program or Travel Support Request
If seeking funding for program support (including faculty salary, equipment, and other instructional-related expenses), please provide the following information. Requests of the TMCC Foundation are limited to TMCC faculty and staff.
- Project description
Briefly describe the need for this project. Provide data to document the need, i.e. committee findings and reports, literature trends, statistics, etc.
- Justification of fundraising expense
Describe the objectives and evaluation: what are the primary objectives of the project and how will you measure/evaluate them?
- Target population
What population(s) will be served by this project? Why did you select this population? What is the benefit to the college and the community? Please include all groups (internal and external) that will be impacted by this project.
- College commitment
Are there any commitments required of the college: cash match, in-kind contributions, space, staff time, equipment, technology, letters of commitment, or sustainability?
- Approval of Dean and Vice President
Prior to seeking fundraising support from the TMCC Foundation, each applicant must have the written approval of his or her dean/director and vice president.
If seeking funding for project or travel, please provide the following itemized budgetary information in an Excel spreadsheet.
- The number of those students, faculty and staff who will participate and/or travel, etc.
- The cost of travel, including per diem per participant
- Airfare, bus, taxi, parking
- Incidentals (tip, storage fee, Internet access fees, telephone/cell phone usage)
- Travel insurance
- The cost of registration for conference or event per person, if applicable
- Rental cost for equipment, if applicable
- Exchange rate for foreign currency
- Translation services, if applicable
Note: If traveling with a private group, itemized budgets are still required for the purposes of fundraising by the TMCC Foundation.
- Equipment cost, including three cost estimates from vendors
- Salary, including fringe
- College required indirect cost (33.5%)
- Facilities improvement
- Marketing support
- Printed materials
- Host-related expenses (meals, water, coffee, etc.)
- Program-specific travel