Academy (NNLEA) is a cooperativeprogram
comprisedof a coalitionofTruckeeMeadows
TheTMCC/NNLEA is a certifiedNevadaPeace
Officer Standards andTraining (POST) academy
This 18-week (+/-) program includes classroom and
practical instruction ranging from constitutional
law, ethics, search and seizure, laws of arrest,
weaponless defense, firearms and emergencyvehicle
operation. Graduates earn30-college credits
during this academically andphysicallydemanding
The class schedule is basedupon a40-hourweek,
Monday throughFriday8:00 a.m. to5:00p.m.;
however, there areoccasional evening andweekend
There are a limitednumber of positions available for
the academywithprioritygiven to recruits being
sponsoredby local law enforcement agencies. All
non-affiliated applicantsmustmeet the following
requirements prior to enrollment:
• Beacademically eligible to enroll as a student at
• Make formal application toTMCC.
• Submit toandpass a comprehensivebackground
• Meet or exceedmandatoryminimumNevada
P.O.S.T. fitness standards.
• Obtainmedical clearance froma licensedphysician.
• Submit toandpass adrug screening test (may
• Provideproof ofmedical insurance.
• Beat least 21years of ageby the time of acceptance.
• Receiveacceptable scores on theACCUPLACER test.
• Purchase required equipment (e.g., uniform,
firearms, ammunition, etc.).
• Commit toattendanceandparticipation
MinimumP.O.S.T. Physical Fitness Standards (as of
• Completeavertical jumpof not less than14 inches.
• Complete theagility run innotmore than19.5
• Completenot less than30 sit-ups in1minute.
• Completenot less than23push-ups no time limit.
• Run300meters innomore than68 seconds.
• Walkor run1.5miles innotmore than16minutes
AllNevadapeaceofficersmust pass thePOST
within16weeks of their initial
NSHE rate forTMCC credit hours forNevada
• Currently$90per credit: $2700+$10application fee
(Feesmay changewithout priornotice)