Wildland Fire Spring 2013 Class Schedule
Important: Go online at http://training.nwcg.gov to to see if you are required to complete precoursework before taking your class. Go to student information, then precoursework. If you can't find your information, please call us at 775-789-5555.
|Course #||Course Title||Instructor||Start Date||Details|
|S 270||Basic Air Operations||TBA||02/25/2013||Details|
|S 110+||Basic Wildland: NWCG Fire Fighter 2||TBA||01/14/2013||Details|
|S 110+||Basic Wildland: NWCG Fire Fighter 2||Bill Pierce||12/02/2013||Details|
|S 230||Crew Boss (Single Resource)||Bill Pierce||12/09/2013||Details|
|S 339||Division/Group Supervisor||TBA||03/25/2013||Details|
|S 231||Engine Boss (Single Resource)||Bill Pierce||12/12/2013||Details|
|S 232*||Equipment Boss (Single Resource)||TBA||02/11/2013||Details|
|S 336||Fire Suppression Tactics||TBA||03/04/2013||Details|
|L 280||Followership to Leadership||TBA||02/13/2013||Details|
|S 219*||Ignition Operations||Craig Workman||05/08/2013||Details|
|S 300||Incident Commander Extended Attack||TBA||02/28/2013||Details|
|S 200||Initial Attack Incident Commander||TBA||04/15/2013||Details|
|S 260||Interagency Incident Business Management||TBA||02/20/2013||Details|
|S 290||Intermediate Fire Behavior||TBA||03/04/2013||Details|
|S 212||Power Saws||TBA||05/01/2013||Details|
|S 330||Task Force/Strike Team Leader||TBA||03/11/2013||Details|
|S 390||Wildland Fire Behavior Calculations||TBA||04/08/2013||Details|
|S 215||Wildland/Urban Interface||TBA||03/18/2013||Details|
The enrollment process begins with a nomination form. Select the appropriate nomination form for your needs. Students sponsored into an National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) class will need to use the agency nomination form. Students who are not sponsored in to a workshop will need to use the non-agency nomination form.
Note: Wildland fire courses are not eligible for financial aid.
Agency Nomination Form
- Fill out the agency nomination form and return it to the training center. Be sure to fill it out accurately and completely. Incomplete nomination forms will result in registration delays.
- Be sure the nomination form is submitted to the Department of Public Safety either by mail (Regional Public Safety Training Center 5190 Spectrum Blvd Reno, NV 89512); via email firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax: 775-789-5501 (Attention to Ann Drayer.)
- Your Training Officer needs to make contact with Mike Novosel (775-673-7012) in the Controller's office in order to make payment arrangements.
Non-Agency Nomination Form
- Fill out the Non-Agency Nomination form and return it to the training center. Be sure to fill it out accurately and completely. Incomplete nomination forms will result in registration delays.
- Fill out the NWCG Registration form . Select the classes you want to take. You will need to have this form with you when you remit payment to the Controller's office. Contact the Controller's office to make payment arrangements. Be sure you obtain a receipt as proof of payment!
- Turn in all three forms (nomination form, NWCG registration form, and receipt for Proof of Payment) to the Department of Public Safety either by mail (Regional Public Safety Training Center 5190 Spectrum Blvd., Reno, NV 89512); via email email@example.com; or fax: 775-789-5501 (Attention to Ann Drayer.)
Agency sponsored students that meet course qualifications and have paid for the course will be accepted to the requested course.
Non-agency sponsored students that meet course qualifications and have paid for the course will be accepted to the requested course. However, they must certify they are eligible to take the classes they wish to enroll for and be able to provide proof of eligibility if necessary.
Check online to see if your class requires pre-course work. If there is no link for your class, then there is no pre-course work required.
Registration Cancellation/No-Show Policy
If you are unable to attend the course, you are responsible for contacting the Department of Public Safety at least 24 hours in advance; otherwise the full amount of tuition will be charged to the student/agency. Failure to come to class (no-show) will also result in being charged the full amount. Please contact us in order to give notice.
Workshop Cancellation Policy
If a workshop is cancelled due to lack of enrollment (or other reasons) you will be notified and given the options of either attending another class of the same monetary value OR obtaining a refund.
Inclement Weather Policy
If a workshop is cancelled due to an unexpected campus closure (i.e. weather conditions, etc.) all attempts will be made to reschedule the class. Only if the class cannot be rescheduled will a full refund then be issued. Please listen to the radio or check the college website in order to determine if the school has closed. Every effort will be made to inform you of a class cancellation due to inclement weather.
If you are unable to attend due to the weather in your area—but the class has not been cancelled—you are still responsible to contact the department 24 hours in advance of the class start date.
For questions about registration, please contact us.
For questions about the courses, contact Bill Pierce.