New: The TMCC Foundation scholarship application is available now. Sign in with your MyTMCC login and password to create a scholarship account. The priority deadline for the TMCC scholarship application is June 1, 2013. The TMCC Foundation and Financial Aid offices will give first consideration to applications that are received prior to June 1. Applications that are submitted after June 1 will be considered on a case-by-case basis as funds become available.
Truckee Meadows Community College Foundation and Financial Aid scholarships are designed to award achievement and encourage academic excellence. Scholarship awards are based on many factors: scholastic merit, college and community service, life circumstances, financial need and major field of study. Scholarship awards may vary in amount, but can range up to $2,000 or more per academic year.
As a current or prospective TMCC student, you are eligible to apply for scholarships. The two offices that are responsible for the advertising and awarding of scholarships are the Financial Aid Office and the TMCC Foundation Office.
In addition, many outside scholarships are posted on the Online Scholarship Board. Check the board frequently as new scholarships are posted throughout the year.
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications are available to you beginning January 1 every year.
- Your application must be submitted online on or before the first business day in May.
The Scholarship program is part of the Financial Aid, Scholarships and Student Employment office, Red Mountain Building, Room 315, on the Truckee Meadows Community College Dandini Campus. The fax number is 775-674-7566.
- TMCC encourages all prospective and current students to apply.
- Access to the online scholarship application is available January 1 through the first business May each year.
- Completing your application online is required.
- Scholarship awards are made in the spring for the following year -- both fall and spring semesters.
- TMCC scholarships are generally not awarded for the summer semester.
- Current and prospective students apply for TMCC scholarships by using one application. You do not need to apply for a specific scholarship. Student profiles are matched with appropriate scholarship funds and criteria.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, plan to receive half of the award in the fall semester and half during the spring semester.
- If your scholarship is less than $500, you will generally receive it in the fall semester only.
- Scholarship awards will be applied to regularly scheduled classes. Audited classes and personal interest classes are not funded through scholarships.
- You must attend TMCC during the award year and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA to receive scholarship funds. You must complete a minimum of six credits in the fall to qualify for your spring award. Some scholarships may require full-time enrollment and other criteria as established by the donor.
- You must notify the scholarships office if you do not plan to attend TMCC during one of the semesters for which you are awarded. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your scholarship for the entire academic year.
- You may not transfer TMCC scholarships to another college or university.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- As a scholarship recipient, you are required to write a thank you letter to the donor of your respective scholarship(s) and attend the annual TMCC Foundation Legacy Scholarship Reception in October of the scholarship award year. If you fail to write a thank you letter and/or attend the reception, you will forfeit your spring award and any future scholarship awards made by the TMCC Foundation and Financial Aid offices.
For more information email email@example.com or call 775-673-7072.