Disbursement of the Millennium Scholarship at TMCC
If you have received your information from the Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Office regarding your eligibility, congratulations! We are pleased that you have chosen to attend Truckee Meadows Community College. As you know, the Millennium Scholarship will help you pay for expenses while attending TMCC, as detailed in the Acknowledgement of Award that the Millennium Scholarship Office provided. If you have not received an acknowledgement of award, you may contact the Millennium Scholarship Office directly at 1-888-477-2667.
The financial aid office will be responsible for the disbursement of funds to your student account. Should you have any questions regarding your scholarship award, please contact us.
Remember that you are not limited to six credits at TMCC. Your Millennium Scholarship will fund $40 per credit for a minimum of six credits, up to a maximum of twelve credits per term (you will be responsible for the remaining charge per credit, plus any lab or additional fees that you incur). Remedial courses (those numbered under 100) and continuing education and workforce development classes may not be paid by your Millennium Scholarship funds.
Generally TMCC is able to automatically identify and award all currently-eligible Millennium students who are enrolled in the minimum six credits. However, at times there may be data matching issues. Students who do not have a Millennium award listed on their "Fin. Aid Offer Letter" on MyTMCC prior to the first payment deadline of each semester should either make a payment on their student account by the deadline or contact the financial aid office to rectify the situation.
Please note the following important dates:
- Mid January — Millennium funds will begin being applied to your student account: $40/credit, up to 12 credits. If you are enrolled in remedial courses (numbered below 100), you will not receive Millennium funding for those credits. However, remedial credits are counted toward the minimum six-credit enrollment level. For example, if you are in English 098 and History 101, you would receive $120; if you are in English 101 and History 101, you would receive $240.
- Feb. 1 to Feb. 12 — During this period you will receive a 50% refund from TMCC for any classes from which you withdraw. The financial aid office is required by Millennium rules to return any refunded monies for dropped classes to the Millennium program, and your award will be adjusted accordingly.
- March 5 — Millennium students should pay the portion of their fees that exceeds the amount of their scholarship by the first week of classes. All Millennium students must pay their account in full at the controller's office or via MyTMCC by 5 p.m. on March 5. Any outstanding balance not paid by March 5 will be assessed a 10 percent (minimum $10) penalty fee.
Important Information for Summer Session: The Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship program is a reimbursement program for summer only. This means that you would enroll in and pay for your classes on your own, then would be reimbursed in October. Unlike fall and spring, you only have to take one credit or more (excluding remedial courses) during summer to be eligible for Millennium reimbursement. In addition, you must have either received the Millennium Scholarship at an eligible institution the spring prior, or are already enrolled in the minimum number of credits required for the institution for the following term. You do not need to fill out any forms to be reimbursed; however, you must have declared a major at TMCC to be eligible. Please check with our office if you do not receive reimbursement by Oct. 15.
See Also: Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship Summer School Procedures
Please also remember the following important facts:
- You may also apply for financial aid while receiving the Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship.
- You should contact TMCC's academic advisement center regarding your academic plans.
- You may check your student account, enrollment and financial aid status at any time via MyTMCC.
Return to Governor Guinn Millennium Scholarship page.