Financial Aid Eligibility
Although you and your family have the primary responsibility for financing the costs of education, there is some aid available through Truckee Meadows Community College for those families that can not meet the total costs. This aid is available in the forms of grants, loans, scholarships, student employment or through a combination of these.
The programs are regulated by federal (Title IV), state and campus guidelines. Most of the financial aid guidelines specify eligibility requirements which include, but are not limited to:
- Being a citizen, permanent resident or other eligible non-citizen of the U.S. as documented by Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- Having a standard high school diploma or above, a GED certificate, or passing a federally-approved test and was enrolled in a degree-seeking program prior to July 1, 2012;
- Demonstrating financial need;
- Be working on a specific degree program, certificate or specific training area (students must have a declared major);
- Maintain financial aid academic progress;
- Be enrolled in classes.
|Enrollment||Financial Aid Status|
|12 or more credits||Full-Time|
|9 to 11 credits||Three-Quarter Time|
|6 to 8 credits||One-Half Time|
|5 or less credits||Less than Half Time|
Note: All types of financial aid begin with an application.