Financial Aid Deadlines
See Also: Tuition and Fees for TMCC Admittance
Applications for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) may be completed at anytime.
Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they have completed their current Federal Income Tax Return.
The priority deadline is listed below for each semester; we process applications on a first-come, first served basis. However, to be considered for early funding, we recommend that you apply in January and have your file complete by mid-April. You will then be considered for aid for the following academic year.
General Financial Aid Disbursement
Note: All financial aid students are encouraged to enroll in a payment plan
- July 1, 2012 - priority deadline for completion of financial aid file, to ensure eligible students will receive aid in time for fall. Students completing their files after this date will be expected to pay their own fees and will be reimbursed after they are eligible.
- Aug. 20, 2012 - financial aid fall residual checks will begin being refunded to students. Students who have a problem obtaining satisfactory progress will experience a delay receiving their funds.
- Dec. 1, 2012 - priority deadline for completion of financial aid file, to ensure eligible students will receive aid in time for spring. Students completing their files after this date will be expected to pay their own fees and will be reimbursed after they are eligible.
- Jan. 16, 2013 - first day that financial aid can be applied to students accounts. Students with incomplete files or who have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress-SAP will be responsible to make a payment on their account. Refunds to students begin within 10 to 14 days after being posted to student accounts.
April 1, 2013 priority deadline for completion of financial aid file, to ensure eligible students will receive aid in time for summer. Students completing their files after this date will be expected to pay their own fees and will be reimbursed after they are eligible.
All loans are released in two disbursements. Loans for the entire academic year (including fall and spring semesters) will be disbursed in two equal payments, one in the fall and one in the spring. Loans for only one semester (fall or spring semester) will also be disbursed in two payments.
- Aug. 22, 2012 – loan refund checks begin to be mailed.
- Sept. 26, 2012 – loan checks for freshman first-time borrowers begin to be mailed.
- Oct. 24, 2012 – second disbursement checks for fall semester-only loans begin to be mailed.
- Jan. 22, 2013 – loan refund checks begin to be mailed.
- March 22, 2013 – second disbursement checks for spring semester-only loans begin to be mailed.
The loan disbursement dates listed above are for students attending the traditional standard terms with fall semester beginning on Aug. 25, 2012 and spring semester beginning on Jan. 26, 2013. If you are enrolled in a program that does not begin on the traditional standard dates, then you must check with the financial aid office for specific disbursement dates. For more information, please contact us.
Academic Progress Appeal Submission Deadlines
Deadlines to submit an academic progress appeal to regain financial aid eligibility for that semester are as follows:
- Fall Semester: Dec. 1
- Spring Semester: May 1
- Summer Semester: July 15
Financial Aid Strategies for Success Workshop
Student approved for an appeal and placed on Financial Aid Probation or students on Warning due to below 50% completion rate are required to attend a Financial Aid Strategies for Success Workshop in order to maintain eligibility.
This workshop provides more information about Financial Aid Academic Progress standards and strategies to be successful meeting these standards by the end of the term. Even if you meet standards at the end of the term, if you do not attend this workshop, we will classify you as having failed your appeal and you will be suspended from receiving further financial aid. If you do attend the workshop and fail to meet standards, you will also be suspended.
All workshops are in Sierra 108. There is no need to sign up in advance, but seating is first- come, first served. Dates are as follows:
- Thursday, March 14, 1-2 p.m.
- Saturday, April 20, noon-1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 5:30-6:3 p.m.