Procedures for Turning in Keys
Key control is an important part of TMCC building security. It is imperative that each individual that is entrusted with keys understands the significance and importance of positive key control. It is each individual's responsibility to ensure that all TMCC keys remain in their sole possession and are not loaned or given to another individual. Keys Are Not Transferable. Additionally, no key shall be reproduced (copied) by anyone other than the TMCC Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Department. Keys are issued by the director of Facilities Operations and Capital Planning or his designee only upon written authorization of a division director or department chair. Keys must be picked up at the Facilities Department when ready. The person to whom the key is issued must accept sole responsibility for the key. The person who provides written authorization for the issuance of the key is responsible to see that the key is returned to human resources when the key is no longer needed or employment ends. Facilities Operations and Capital Planning shall keep a written key record for each individual.
Key Turn-In Procedures
- Employees of TMCC that are issued keys are required to return all assigned keys to Facilities Operations and Capital Planning prior to their departure date, using the key turn-in form.
- All outdated, obsolete, or damaged keys must be returned to Facilities Operations and Capital Planning for proper disposal.
- Remember "Keys Are Not Transferable."
- Download the key turn-in form and fill out the appropriate boxes (type in the data, or print neatly and legibly) which include:
Date of request
Recipient's telephone number
- Facilities Operations and Capital Planning will fill-in the key numbers and building upon receipt of form and keys.
- Facilities Operations and Capital Planning will check the key log to ensure all keys held by the recipient are turned-in.
- After the keys have been identified and annotated on the turn-in form the recipient will sign acknowledging those keys identified on the form have been turned-in.
Note: In the event of an emergency, the appropriate Department Director or Dean has the authority to return keys.
Note: Lost or unreturned keys are subject to a $50 replacement fee.
Part-Time Faculty and Student Workers
To return keys, part-time faculty/student workers have the option to fill out a key return request at Extended Day Services or come to Facilities Operations and Capital Planning to turn in their assigned keys.
What would you like to do?