Procedures for Request a Key(s)
Key control is an important part of TMCC building security. It is imperative that each individual that is entrusted with keys understands the significance and importance of positive key control. It is each individual's responsibility to ensure that all TMCC keys remain in their sole possession and are not loaned or given to another individual. Keys Are Not Transferable. Additionally, no key shall be reproduced (copied) by anyone other than the TMCC Facilities Operations and Capital Planning Department. Keys are issued by the director of Facilities Operations and Capital Planning or his designee only upon written authorization of a division director or department chair. Keys must be picked up at the Facilities Department when ready. The person to whom the key is issued must accept sole responsibility for the key. The person who provides written authorization for the issuance of the key is responsible to see that the key is returned to human resources when the key is no longer needed or employment ends. Facilities Operations and Capital Planning shall keep a written key record for each individual.
Key Request Procedures
- Download the key request form and fill out the appropriate boxes (type in the data, or print neatly and legibly) which include:
Date of request
Recipient's Telephone number
Description of key access required (keys must be ordered by building, room #, etc)
- The request must be signed by the appropriate supervisor/dean/vice president along with the date and their telephone.
Note: If requesting a building master key, the request must be approved by the appropriate cabinet member.
- Upon receipt by Facilities Operations and Capital Planning, the request will be processed and will usually take one to four days to be ready for pick up.
- Keys can be picked up at the main office of Facilities Operations and Capital Planning, where they will be held until the requester picks them up. The requester will be notified either by phone or email that keys are ready for pick up.
- The requester will sign for the key(s) upon receipt, verifying that they have all key(s) requested. Do not sign for key(s) that were not requested or issued.
Note: Each key is marked with an identifiable control number that is associated with the recipient. The recipient is responsible for those keys and if lost, stolen, or misplaced is required to report it immediately to TMCC Police Department and Facilities Operations and Capital Planning.
- Lost or unreturned keys are subject to a $50 replacement fee.
Electronic Access Keys
Employees that need access to the Sierra Building on a 24/7 basis can request an electronic access token that will allow the individual to gain access through a designated door anytime even when the campus is closed.
Individuals will be required to follow the same procedures as requesting a key listed previously.
Part-Time Faculty and Student Workers
Part-time faculty and student workers have the option of filling out a key request at Extended Day Services in Red Mountain 315, where staff will forward the request to Facilities Operations and Capital Planning for action.
Facilities will return the completed form with keys to Extended Day Services for the part-time faculty/student worker to pickup and sign for their keys.
What would you like to do?