English as a Second Language College Program
Truckee Meadows Community College's English as a Second Language (ESL) program is designed for students who wish to pursue a complete or limited academic program, including language skill improvement, certificates or degrees such as an associate of art, bachelor of science or bachelor of arts. Depending on the level in which you are initially placed, you may begin earning credit toward a degree in your first term.
College-level ESL instruction helps students whose native language is not English to succeed in college and at work. To meet the needs of ESL students, TMCC offers courses in different levels and skill areas: listening/speaking, reading, writing/grammar and vocabulary/spelling. Students receive high quality instruction designed to meet their language interests and goals.
Who should take college ESL classes?
Students whose goals are in any or all of the following areas:
- To strengthen their English language skills
- To better understand the American academic environment
- To develop good study skills
- To build knowledge in various academic or vocational subject areas
- To earn vocational certification
- To pursue a college or university degree (AA, AS, BA, BS)
- To practice English in interaction with students from many countries
For more information, please contact us.
For non-credit ESL, visit the ESL community program.
College ESL Program
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 207
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Telephone: 775-673-7139 or Fax: 775-673-7275
Email: Send A Message!