Disability Resource Center

Disability Resource Center (DRC)

Random TMCC Image

The mission of the Disability Resource Center (DRC) is to provide equal access to all curricular and co-curricular activities to qualified students with documented disabilities. If a student is eligible for DRC services then all accommodations are provided at no cost to the student.

Do you consider yourself a person with a disability?

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) states that a person is eligible for accommodations if they have a qualifying disability (see Eligibility Information). Students with documented disabilities have the right to free accommodations to ensure equal access to educational opportunities at Truckee Meadows Community College.

Students are responsible for contacting the DRC to set up an intake appointment and providing written proof of their disability when they meet with the disability advisor. At the end of the intake appointment, the disability advisor determines accommodations, which may include:

  • Academic Advising
  • Tutoring Referrals
  • Extra Test Time
  • Note taker
  • Distraction Reduced Testing Room
  • Assistive Technology
  • Faculty Liaison
  • Auxiliary Aides
  • ASL Interpreters/Captioning

New Degree Seeking Students

Please complete the required enrollment steps.

Academic Advising: Students with disabilities may meet with a disability advisor or may use the Academic Advising Center in order to complete the third required enrollment step.

New Non Degree Seeking Students

  1. Complete the TMCC application for admission application
  2. Obtain documentation verifying the disability
  3. Set up an intake appointment at the DRC by contacting us.

Are all students with disabilities automatically registered with the DRC?

No. It is likely that some students with disabilities have chosen not to be registered with the DRC, or they may not have met the eligibility criteria for services. In either instance, students who are NOT registered with the DRC are not eligible for College disability accommodations.

How do I sign up for services?

Reasonable accommodations and implementation of services are determined by the DRC advisor , who will schedule support services. You must first make an appointment with the advisor. You will be required to produce documentation describing your disability and any suggested accommodations requests (see Documentation Policy) before receiving services.

Disability Resource Center

Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 315B
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999

Telephone: 775-673-7277 or Fax: 775-673-7207
Relay Nevada 711

Email: Send A Message