Computer Technologies Internship Program: Employer/Supervisor Responsibilities
Internships are only as effective as the people working with the student to provide opportunities to gain valuable job experience while being closely supervised, encouraged and carefully directed toward a satisfying learning experience. The internship supervisor plays a crucial role in the success of a student's learning experience.
The internship supervisor's (employer) responsibilities are:
- Agree to supervise a student(s) in a computer technologies (CT) related internship.
- Develop student learning objectives with the assistance of the CT faculty advisor. One (1) learning objective per academic credit. Complete and sign the Internship Learning Objectives form.
- Work with student(s) in scheduling working (internship) hours.
- Mentor student(s) in successfully completing the learning objectives developed.
- Monitor and maintain attendance record and sign student's timesheet for submission to TMCC Computer Technologies Department. Timesheets can be faxed to 775-673-7242.
- At the end of each month of the internship, verbally review with the student his/her progress toward successfully completing the learning objectives.
- At the completion of the internship, complete the Internship Student Performance Appraisal form and review with student.
- Notify the faculty adviser immediately of any concerns, problems, etc. with student if any occur.
Return to previous page