Computer Technologies Internship Program
Student Qualifications And Requirements
- Full- and part-time students who are available to work a minimum of 75 hours per credit hour of enrollment are eligible.
- Participation is limited to students who have finished most of the course work in their major area of study and who are nearing the completion of their degree or certificate program.
- Students must have a 2.5 GPA or higher to qualify for the internship program.
- The TMCC Computer Technologies department chair/faculty adviser will assist you in evaluating if you are eligible for internship placement.
- Credit is awarded for the successful accomplishment of specific, individualized occupational learning objectives, work-time requirement and an employer evaluation.
Internship Process for Students
- Students interested in applying for a specific internship, must contact a faculty member from the CT department to act as an internship adviser . This faculty member will help the student document the learning experiences needed to earn credit for the internship. Students should start by contacting a full-time faculty member in their emphasis area. If that faculty member is not available, contact the department chair.
- Qualified students will sign up to be notified of internship opportunities at www.nviteproject.org. You will be notified by email of any internship opportunities in your area of interest. The notification will include information on how to apply for the internship.
- In most cases the internships will involve a competitive application process and applicants will be required to submit a professional resume. Information on creating a resume and sample resumes are available online. Students should work on their resume prior to meeting with an employer.
Note: Finalists will be required to interview with the prospective supervisor. Information on preparing for job interviews is available online.
If you are selected for a paid internship, please meet with your faculty adviser to go over the following TMCC forms below:
Note: If you do not have a paid internship, there is no need to fill out the TMCC forms above. However, your employer may have additional forms for you to sign.
- Successful intern candidates will be working as employees of TMCC and will also review appropriate TMCC employment documentation:
Subscribe to Internship/Job Notifications
The TMCC Computer Technologies Department strives to connect students with the local IT industry by working to place interns in local CT positions and by notifying students of employment opportunities in the area. Students and employers who wish to participate can find detailed information through the links below.