Counseling Diversity Support
TMCC's Counseling and Career Services provide the following support:
- Cross-cultural: Involving or bridging the differences among cultures.
- LGBTQ: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning.
- Safe zone training: Provides education advocacy, and awareness of LGBTQ issues and promotes a climate that is safe and welcoming for all members of the TMCC community. View more information.
- Trevor Project – Suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth; free and confidential helpline.
- PFLAG – Support group for parents, families and friends of gay people.
- SGA – TMCC Student Government Association
- Diversity Courses – List of approved Diversity Courses that are required (one course) for any degree: AA, SCI, AAS, AGS.
- Equity and Inclusion Office – Monitors and advocates for TMCC's commitment to equity and affirmative action; for compliance with non-discrimination laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and policies; and for TMCC's efforts to sustain a diverse, inclusive community.
Return to Counseling Services