Career Services: Decide
Decide...Know the Degree and Major
Determine pros/cons of each career or occupation(s) and choose among alternatives. Narrow choices and elect a related major.
What can I do with a major in...?
Below are links to sample websites that connect dozens of majors with career areas that follow along with typical employers and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
- Kansas State University
- California State University, Long Beach
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington
TMCC Catalog of Degree and Program Worksheets
TMCC offers the following degrees and certificates:
- AA Associate of Arts
- AS Associate of Science
- AAS Associate of Applied Science
- AGS Associate of General Studies
- CT Certificate of Achievement
Decision-making refers to the thought process that is involved while choosing the most logical choice from among the options available. It is helpful to meet with a counselor to review your questions.
Questions to ask yourself:
- What's my present situation?
- How would I like my situation to be?
- Do I have a choice here?
- What are the possible choices?
- What's the possible outcome of each possible choice?
- Which choices will I commit to doing?
*Credited to authors Glasser and Downing
Return to Career Services