WebCollege Faculty Advisory Committee
The mission of the TMCC WebCollege Faculty Advisory Committee is to:
- Develop guidelines for evaluating web courses.
- Provide guidance to the WebCollege staff in training faculty.
- Develop or adopt a format/structure for web courses based on best practice or existing models or standards, such as Quality Matters.
- Establish recommendations for best practice for faculty teaching web classes.
- Promote increased communication, input and feedback by stakeholders.
- Recommend WebCollege policies, practices and processes.
- Participate in the development of appropriate planning documents.
For the academic year of 2011-2012 the primary objective of the WebCollege Faculty Advisory Committee will be focused on creating a document for student preparedness including readi-assessment item.
- Crystal Swank, Chair – Early Childhood Education
- Julie Armbrecht, Acting Chair – English Department
- Paul Davis – Political Science
- Bill Gallegos – Math Department
- Bronwen Haugland – Physical Sciences
- Cathy House – Computer Technologies
- Ellen House – Nursing
- Tim Ill – Teaching Technologies/WebCollege
- Thomas Kearns – Disability Resource Center
- Fred Lokken – Dean, WebCollege/Academic Support Center and History/Political Science/Law
- Diana McCoy – Economics and Statistics
- Cindy Mortensen – Computer Technologies
- Craig Rodrigue – Culinary
- Maria Teirumniks – Sociology
- Norma Velasquez-Bryant – AIT
- Amanda Sagun – Student – WebCollege
- Brandy Scarnati – Teaching Technologies/WebCollege
- Travis Souza – Teaching Technologies/WebCollege
Meeting Times/Length of Meetings
Normally, the committee meets the second Friday of each month for approximately one hour, 11 a.m. – noon, during the academic calendar year (September – May). Typically the meetings have been held on the same day as Faculty Senate. If necessary, the committee can meet more frequently or can cancel regular meetings for lack of agenda items.
WebCollege Faculty Advisory Subcommittee
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, SIER 104
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Telephone: 775-673-7814 or Fax: 775-673-7176
Email: Send A Message!