Friends and Allies of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQ)
Friends and Allies of LGBTQ is committed to educate faculty, staff and students at Truckee Meadows Community College about the issues of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) communities. Through education, advocacy and awareness of LGBTQ issues, the program assists in the promotion of a climate that is safe and welcoming for all members of the TMCC community. The program, committee members and supporters strive:
- To provide Safe Zone training to promote a greater understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning communities;
- To increase awareness of discrimination and harassment based on sexual orientation and to educate the community on strategies to effectively confront and report these incidents;
- To identify issues and concerns and provide recommendations for policies, programs, and initiatives for resolution;
- To provide student access to allies (and Safe Zone training) for confidential support and resource information in designated locations on campus;
- To provide educational materials and opportunities to the college community.
- To ensure inclusion and equity in concert with TMCC's diversity strategic goal which "Fosters a mutually respectful academic community inclusive of men and women of all generations...and sexual orientations...."
Friends and Allies of LGBTQ
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 208
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Telephone: 775-673-7105 Fax: 775-673-7080
Email: Send A Message!