Administrative Computing Committee
Note: All committee activities have been suspended until after the TMCC Information Technology reorganization and charter establishment.
- Maintain and promote a secure administrative computing environment
- Aid with the establishment of appropriate business rules to accommodate integration of new applications in the work place
- Promote a sustainable college community by encouraging the use of paperless business procedures
About the Committee
The TMCC administrative computing committee (ACC) was formed and restructured in 2000 from an existing committee to prioritize projects and application updates for Information Technology Services (ITS).
Administrative computing application planning and development involves both unit (vertical) and college-wide (horizontal) planning and needs assessment. Administrative computing application needs are brought to the TMCC administrative computing committee for prioritization. The administrative computing committee creates and maintains the applications and develops a master list of prioritized projects/applications. All new application/development initiatives will compete against the priority list. Administrative computing also oversees the security and integrity of the data and applications critical to the operations of the college. Administrative computing works primarily with the college's financial, human resources, physical resource management, auxiliary enterprise, and student information systems.
- Prioritize ITS project requests
- Ensure the integration of the college's mission in the applications produced by ITS
- Facilitate business on campus by providing software solutions which promote paperless and streamlined processes.
- Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Technology Committee
Members consist of rotating and permanent positions. Appointments for rotating positions are made prior to the end of each academic year under the following guidelines:
- One faculty member will be submitted by the president of the Faculty Senate
- One support staff member will be selected by the chairperson of the Classified Council
- One representative from either the Meadowood Center or the High Tech Center at Redfield
- One administrative assistant member from an instructional area will be selected by the instructional deans
- Members may be re-appointed
Permanent membership is assigned by position:
- ITS Director (chair)
- ITS - Database Manager
- ITS - Security Coordinator
- ITS - Senior Programmer Analyst- Legacy Applications
- ITS - Senior Programmer Analyst- New Applications
- ITS - User Consultant
- ITS - Webmaster
- ITS - Web Technician
- ITO Director
- Admissions and Records Director
- Financial Aid Director
- Budget Office Director
- Human Resources Director
- Academic Support Center Associate Dean
- Library Director
- Web College Associate Dean
Any of the above members may choose to appoint a representative to take their place on the committee.
Active committee participation is important to ensure continuity and inclusion. Members or their appointees should plan to attend at least 75% of the annual meetings (9 out of 12) to maintain voting privileges. If you are unable to attend, please plan to send a colleague to the meeting in your place.
When Members Are Selected
Members are selected as needed and at the end of each academic year.
Length of Membership
Permanent membership is ongoing; rotating membership is reviewed at the end of each academic year.
Steve Zideck, Bill Garand, John Molt, Cal Anderson, Carl Baker, Craig Scott, Chris Winslow, Dan Adams, Ty Moore, David Misner, Fred Lokken, John Fitzsimmons, Michele Meador, Nancy Helsel, Nicole Scollard, Peter Miller, Pat Slavin, Earl Aulston, Tommie Guy, Travis Souza, Michelle Noel
Meeting Times/Length of Meetings
The committee meets on the second Tuesday of every month from 11 a.m. to noon in RDMT 252, with the exception of the summer term.
Process for Submitting Recommendations
Submit all requests electronically using the Project Request Questionnaire. If you have any questions about filling out this form, please contact the ITS User Consultant. Once you submit your request, you will be contacted within 1-2 business days, and may be asked to present at the next administrative computing committee meeting. The committee does not vote at the first presentation meeting, but listens to the presentation and discusses the merit of the request then votes the next month.
Recommendation to Presenters
We encourage everyone who presents their request to the committee to bring any data that they may have to support their request.
Administrative Computing Committee
Truckee Meadows Community College
7000 Dandini Boulevard, RDMT 203
Reno, Nevada 89512-3999
Email: Send A Message!