In our continuing commitment to sustainability, we now contract with a toner cartridge recycling company named Rapid Refill. The owner Terry Elder began by picking up all the toners we had been accumulating for months. He then created a pricing list, which included the majority of replacements for those cartridges. If you have a toner that is not on the list, please feel free to contact Terry directly. As you will see from the pricing sheet, we have re-manufactured and new cartridges available to us, both at really good prices. We hope you will give Rapid Refill an opportunity to provide for us here at TMCC. There are bins located at all TMCC sites. New signage for the drop-off locations is currently being created and should be displayed soon. Please recycle your toner cartridges at these Dandini campus locations:
- Dining area outside of TMCC cafe
- Outside of bookstore entrance
- First floor of vista bldg.
- Sierra building lobby
- RDMT 325
- RDMT 319
- RDMT 315C
TMCC recycles all office paper, magazines, newsprint, cardboard, aluminum cans, plastic and glass bottles and print cartridges.
Mixed office paper should be placed into office bins. Pick ups may be requested via a Facilities Operations and Capital Planning work order.
Cardboard, with plastic or Styrofoam removed, should be stacked outside office doors for pick up.
Aluminum cans and plastic and glass bottles are accepted in marked receptacles located in the Red Mountain, Sierra and Vista buildings on the Dandini Campus and the Meadowood and Edison sites. Please empty contents of bottles and cans before depositing into receptacles.
Recycling bins are located in each building of all sites. To request a pick up, please call Rapid Refill at 775-852-4446. All proceeds from the cartridge recycling program are donated to the TMCC Phi Theta Kappa organization.
TMCC Office Recyclables
- computer paper
- white paper - bond, copier, typing
- colored paper - bond, copier, typing
- envelopes - white, colored, including windows
- fax paper - carbonless paper
- paper ream wrappers
- coated papers - slick, glossy
- pamphlets, brochures
- brown craft envelopes/folders
- news papers
Unacceptable Items (in office recycling bins):
- carbon paper
- waxed papers
- trash - paper plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- Cardboard - remove and trash all packing material (Styrofoam, peanuts, plastic wrap, etc.) before placing in the hall for pick up or taking to cardboard baler.
Important: Non-recyclables contaminate the entire bin.