Student Ambassadors Eligibility Requirements and Benefits
In order to be eligible to participate in the TMCC Student Ambassador program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess at least twelve (12) credit hours of higher education academic work of which six (6) must be from TMCC prior to their employment;
- Currently and continually be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours at TMCC while participating as an ambassador/mentor;
- Possess and maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in all college academic work;
- Two references from club advisor, counselor, professor, etc.
- As official representatives of Truckee Meadows Community College, all student ambassador/mentor candidates must abide by all provisions of the TMCC student code of conduct at all times. All applications will be reviewed by the dean of students office to confirm that there is no record of disciplinary action while enrolled at TMCC.
Being involved with the TMCC Student Ambassador program provides many tangible and intangible benefits to program participants.
- On-campus student employment, with flexible hours.
- A certificate of appreciation upon successful completion of the position responsibilities.
- A deeper understanding of Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Opportunities for campus exposure, making the Student Ambassadors some of the most visible and well-known students on campus.
- Networking opportunities with the business community, leaders in education, and many government officials.
- A stronger sense of belonging and loyalty to Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Increased self-esteem and goal achievement.
- Opportunities to meet incoming students and help them transition to the college life.
- Personal growth (in leadership and communication skills)
- Opportunities to make a positive impact in prospective students' lives.