Admissions and Records

Steps to Enroll for Returning TMCC Students

The Steps to Enroll for Returning Students were developed to ensure the success of TMCC students who stopped taking classes for two or more years and would like to continue their education at TMCC.

If you have questions, please contact us.

  1. Apply for Admission
    If you stopped taking classes at TMCC more than two years ago or if you have graduated from TMCC, you will need to complete a new TMCC application for admission online and view important dates and deadlines. If you are not sure whether you need to reapply, please contact the Admissions and Records office for assistance (you must have your student ID number when you call).
  2. Apply for Financial Aid *
    Get help with your college expenses by completing the online FAFSA by July 1 for fall, December 1 for spring or April 1 for summer. If you have any questions or need assistance contact the Financial Aid office.

    * Note: This step is a recommendation not a requirement. Please note in order to complete the FAFSA you must be a U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien.
  3. Retrieve your Login Information
    If you do not have your TMCC username and password and you are an active TMCC student, please use the self-service tools to retrieve your login information. If you do not have your student ID number, visit the Red Mountain Building, room 115 with a government issued picture ID.
  4. Request Transcripts and Submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request
    If you have earned credits at another college and would like to have those credits evaluated at TMCC, please have your official transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to the Admissions and Records office or you may bring them in an official, sealed envelope to the Academic Advisement office. You will need to submit a transfer credit evaluation request in order to have your transfer work evaluated.
  5. Take the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam
    If you need to take or retake a class that has placement score requirements, TMCC offers the ACCUPLACER placement exam. TMCC will accept the highest valid score within the past twenty-four month period for course placement. If you have already taken the ACCUPLACER at TMCC there is a retake fee. TMCC's English and Math departments determine the ACCUPLACER cut score information for new and continuing students. TMCC reserves the right to change course placement scores. If you have any questions about the ACCUPLACER retake policy please contact Testing Services.

    If you are a student with a documented disability please contact the Disability Resource Center.
  6. Seek Academic Advisement
    To ensure that you will enroll in the courses necessary to complete your degree requirements, plan on attending an On Track to Graduate workshop. If it has been more than five years since you attended TMCC, please contact Academic Advisement to schedule an appointment.

    If you attended another college or university during your break from TMCC, you will need to have an official transcript from each institution sent directly to Admissions & Records. You will also need to submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request in order to have your transfer work officially evaluated.
  7. Register for Classes
    Class registration is completed through MyTMCC using your TMCC username and password. If you need assistance with your username or password and you know your NSHE Student ID number, visit the online self-service tools. If you do not know your NSHE Student ID number or would like additional registration assistance, call the Registration Call Center at 775-673-7111 or visit New Student Services in RDMT 115.
  8. Pay for Classes
    Remember to pay for your classes and fees prior to the payment deadline. Students are able to pay for classes through MyTMCC.  For more information about payment options or if you have any questions, contact Accounting Services.

Congratulations! You're ready to begin classes.