Steps to Graduate
The TMCC Steps to Graduate were created to assist those TMCC students who have completed (or will be completing) all degree requirements within the semester for which they are applying for graduation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you require assistance with this process, contact the Academic Advisement Center at 775-673-7062.
Log into MyTMCC and click on "My Academics" where you can view your degree. Note: Your diploma will be sent to your address on record, so check your current contact info, and update your email address to a non-TMCC address in order to stay in touch with TMCC after commencement.
If your degree is listed correctly, run your Academic Advisement report.
- While you are still in the "My Academics" section of MyTMCC, click on "View My Advisement Report".
- While you are still in the "My Academics" section of MyTMCC, click on "Create a What-If Scenario".
- Click "Create New Report".
- Under program scenario, select your degree and Area of Study from the dropdown lists and click "Submit Request" on the bottom of the screen.
You can view your remaining graduation requirements by clicking "Expand All". Requirements that have been completed, and requirements that are in progress but have not yet been completed, are marked as Satisfied.
For requirements that have not been satisfied, you will see the options for this requirement. It is important that you confirm that you are enrolled in all remaining classes to meet your degree requirements.
If you have completed or are currently enrolled in course work at another institution that will be used to complete your TMCC degree, it is your responsibility to have official transcripts sent directly to TMCC Admissions and Records.
- Meet the degree residency requirement (i.e., earn at least 15 degree applicable credits at TMCC).
- Have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.0.
- If applicable, ensure all transfer courses are appearing on your report.
First, verify the application deadlines. Then submit your graduation application electronically to the TMCC Admissions and Records office. Note that if all requirements are not satisfied you will receive a "denial" notification from Admissions and Records.
If you plan to enroll in additional courses at TMCC in an upcoming term, please submit a new TMCC application for that term.
Congratulations! You're ready to graduate!