Strengthen your reading, writing and math abilities
If you are at least 18 years old and want to improve your reading, writing and math skills, ABE offers essential noncredit courses and tutoring to help you reach your literacy goals.
ABE provides individualized instruction
Through personalized attention, ABE will individualize your education based on your needs, goals and intake assessments.
The literacy program will help you:
- Improve your basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Learn in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Build your confidence as a learner.
- Identify, plan and pursue your personal.
- Develop your work readiness skills.
- Further your education by preparing for the GED exam, enrolling in college or taking training programs.
- Expand your computer knowledge and skills.
Tutoring, both individual and small group sessions, are held mornings, afternoons and evenings, Monday through Thursday. You'll work with your tutor to set a time that works best for both of you.
Do you want to volunteer as an ABE literacy tutor?
ABE welcomes volunteers who want to give their time to help others learn to read.
Literacy Resources in Nevada
This is the main website for literacy programs in Nevada.
Nevada Adult Education
Provides resources for individuals interested in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, Adult High School Diploma Programs and GED.